Gibson Brands Forums

new 2015 acoustics..

ponty

Gibson acoustic website has changed. Main j-15 image and ''2015 models coming soon''

has gone, replaced by j-45, and no mention of 2015 coming soon.

What is going on? I am itching for something new (1st purchase in 16 years),

and I am now looking at a 000-18.

Gibson acoustic website has changed. Main j-15 image and ''2015 models coming soon''

has gone, replaced by j-45, and no mention of 2015 coming soon.

What is going on? I am itching for something new (1st purchase in 16 years),

and I am now looking at a 000-18.

It doesn't appear the Marketing Dept talks to the factory that Doug Rathbun had photos of.....

A bit weird for us viewers.

BluesKing777.

I ran into a Gibson Rep in a local dealer last week and spoke to him. He was showing some new acoustic models on his iPad to some staff. He stated that Gibson's website would be updated with them on July 1st (clearly that hasn't happened yet though). Don't have specifics but sounded like a couple new L-00's could be on the way... one at the high end of the price spectrum and one at the low end.

I ran into a Gibson Rep in a local dealer last week and spoke to him. He was showing some new acoustic models on his iPad to some staff. He stated that Gibson's website would be updated with them on July 1st (clearly that hasn't happened yet though). Don't have specifics but sounded like a couple new L-00's could be on the way... one at the high end of the price spectrum and one at the low end.

Thanks Jj

JC

Also remember hearing that they'll add a pick guard to the American Eagle. I don't mind it bare, but I guess they've gotten overwhelming feedback about it looking naked. Briefly mentioned as well was their own version of a baked top. He mentioned that Gibson's method was fairly different than the other torrefied tops out there. Hope that makes an appearance soon!

Hmm. I am planning to buy a 2015 Hummingbird (in like a few weeks!). I wonder if I should wait for a 2016 one? Might have a baked top. Or a robot tuner. :P Okay, so I probably don't want a robot tuner. I don't know if I want a baked top. Maybe.

Archived