Gibson Brands Forums

Another Funky One From CL-UPDATE

Joe M

Contact was attempted upon seeing the original listing, suspecting what was thought to be a spring, was actually a vial containing the remnants of a once-powerful Nation bag, Mojo hand, chunk of Muddy Water's childhood shack (the wood from which was used to make some guitars), or just a chip from the Pick of Destiny. Upon seeing that his secret weapon was exposed, the listing has changed, the "vial" removed, along with the price.

The seller could've just written the ad as "Mojo Hand, $1250; comes with free Norlin ghost of a Gibson".

Coulda saved me a trip down to the Crossroads.

No joke. Back when I lived in Mississippi while leaving work during a blinding thunder storm I stopped to help a woman with a child in tow standing by a car with a flat tire. After I had them set up the women went into her car, returned and gave me what the child called a protection JuJu. Just a little bag in which she placed some herbs and other small objects and then muttered some kind of incantation over. I gratefully accepted it and while I may not be a true believer kept it with me. Still have it. Figured there are more things in heaven and earth then dreamt of in our philosophy.

Archived