Gibson Brands Forums

On its way!

Drog

Same here; photos please! I am incredibly jealous of you. I think I'd have to flog a kidney to get an R9 or R0 in that range; thankful I'm more interested in '58s!

I figure folks have many reasons for their choice in electric guitar purchases. Don't discount "guitars of their youth" or the desire to own originals that made the instrument what it is today. If I had the bread I'd love to own a museum dedicated to the classic electric guitar models that spawned the most popular instrument currently in play. It's not about perfection. It's about being part of a watershed.

Guest Farnsbarns

For twenty years now I have felt bad for the people that have bought True Historics. Should only be one, right?

rct

All my life I've felt sorry for people who fret over what others choose to spend their money on.

:D

All my life I've felt sorry for people who fret over what others choose to spend their money on.

:D

Doesn't take much looking to see that I'm nobody to fret over what others spend their money on!

How Gibson sells guitars is another matter though.

rct

I agree, I'd be pretty pumped about a guitar like that. A great Les Paul, especially a luxury guitar like this one in this thread, doesn't need any hocus pocus to sell it, guitar players pretty much know what the fukk they are doing.

rct

Guest Farnsbarns

Doesn't take much looking to see that I'm nobody to fret over what others spend their money on!

How Gibson sells guitars is another matter though.

rct

Well that's different. Some of their BS annoys me. Remember laminated fret boards in 2012 which they insisted made no difference and then the 2013 line up with single piece fretboard and the claim they increased sustain. Whatever anyone believes, Gibson can't have it both ways.

Do the actually think we are buying their line of BS.

........they wouldn't do it if they didn't....that being said, Drog enjoy your new guitar..in the end that's all that matters!!!...forget the cynics and enjoy it. [thumbup]

Well that's different. Some of their BS annoys me. Remember laminated fret boards in 2012 which they insisted made no difference and then the 2013 line up with single piece fretboard and the claim they increased sustain. Whatever anyone believes, Gibson can't have it both ways.

Indeed.

Every now and again the manipulative marketeers are caught with their knickers right down to the ground and the event you mention was such an occasion.

Archived