Gibson Brands Forums

Blindfold LP Test

Zentar

This is a very interesting blindfold comparo between several Les Pauls and Epiphone. I have ended up watching it several times and it really is quite a plug for Studios. All the guitars got good reviews but it is the off-hand comments that are very revealing.

Thanks for posting that, Zentar.

I love those two guys from Anderton's Guitars.

They are funny as hell, they know their guitars, and they have a unique chemistry together.

I encourage everybody to watch all of their reviews and comparisons.

There are several non verbal keys that spoke highly of the Studio. Notice how the only Guitar they really went to town on was the Studio as if they really enjoyed it.

Chappers appeared to be surprised how much he liked the Studio above the others.

It is your eyes that read more into a Standard LP. It is the function of the Studio that impressed Chappers. You could see genuine surprise in Chapper's face when he saw the Studio really impressed him.

He owns a Standard LP but liked the Studio. He had to feel andcheck for the binding to tell he had a Studio and not a Standard.

The Studio should have been the easiest to detect but it fooled both players. The Studio is a nice success for Gibson and a good reason not to buy a Epiphone in order to cut costs.

Guest Farnsbarns

I'm not sure I agree the studio should have been the easiest to detect. It should have sounded exactly like a standard and only the lack of binding and inlays should have felt different. I would have been more surprised if they'd been able to tell it was the studio by sound.

Guest Farnsbarns

I don't know if it's fair to call Chappers a guitar builder. He's a guitar orderer really. They're all built in the Far East in the guitar factories that serve all the other brands built there.

Archived