Gibson Brands Forums

Nashville Vacation! YEA BABY!

Blueblooded

Have been waiting for this to come for a long time. Taking my bride of 33 years to Nashville for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Plan to spend time checking out the town and all the bars and music it has to offer. Also plan to see the Grand Ol Opry. Looking for recommendations on any short tours and maybe riverboat lunch/dinner excursions. Any that you have done and were happy with? Thanks for the help! Tim

I've been there once, when my daughter was in a national competition being staged at the Opryland hotel.

The Opry, Gruhn Guitars, and the Gibson store were highlights. Plenty of guitars to try out in that town - have fun!

We always eat at San Antonio Taco Co (SATCO) and Rotiers since my wife went to Vandy and they are her old college haunts. Delicious. We'll be there in two weeks stuffing our faces. [thumbup] The grilled cheeseburger and Rotiers is a must have. [thumbup]

There's a also a cool place SW of town called Loveless Cafe with the most amazing fried chicken.

Thanks for the congratulations, info and recommendations so far guys!

Kenny V - Plan to spend lots of time on Broadway and I hear there is a street that crosses it that has lots of good places with entertainment.

Bobouz & 4 Hayden - Yes, the Opry and Gibson store are on our list. Will add Gruhn guitars, although I don't forsee a new one following me home this trip. And where do you recommend skinny dipping? I don't want to get arrested or scare anyone [scared] .

Surfpup - Thanks for the dining tips. Will try SATCO and Rotiers. Fried chicken sounds great but not on the list due to chlosterol numbers...

Keep em coming guys. Anyone try any tours or riverboat dining excursions? Thanks!

We always eat at San Antonio Taco Co (SATCO) and Rotiers since my wife went to Vandy and they are her old college haunts. Delicious. We'll be there in two weeks stuffing our faces. [thumbup] The grilled cheeseburger and Rotiers is a must have. [thumbup]

There's a also a cool place SW of town called Loveless Cafe with the most amazing fried chicken.

Rotiers and Loveless Café are a MUST! Great food! Also, the Ryman Auditorium.

Archived