Gibson Brands Forums

show your sg

DTGREGG

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

2017 SG Faded HP

I really went full circle on this purchase. I was convinced I wanted the new 2017 SG T cherry burst. When I finally found one in guitar center I felt the neck binding edges were rounded a bit. Maybe it was not the greatest example. So I went back to my original guitar that I liked, SG Faded in brown. I keep looking at the specs and it seems like the HP is a better guitar. From pictures on the internet it looked like Gibson spent a little more time on the fret edges, being finished a bit more than the Std Faded. The 490 pups are fine with me.

Didn’t know what to think about GForce. I set the accuracy setting to max. It can really tune a guitar! Every doublestop (two notes played at the same time) and chord sounds great. I’m grateful for the factory set-up, every note sounds good. It’s a sweet guitar, Gibson HP.

I'm having problems with the pictures.

post-13414-049198600 1493311862_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Never did I think I'd sell my 1979 GIBSON 'SG', I had 'ANGUS' for longer than I had either of my Children but when I got my 2017 SG Standard Trad, I knew I found its replacement, after 34 years.

I have no idea why I am unable to upload photo's and everyone else can, tried on a PC and a MAC, just doesn't work.

2017 SG Faded HP

I really went full circle on this purchase. I was convinced I wanted the new 2017 SG T cherry burst. When I finally found one in guitar center I felt the neck binding edges were rounded a bit. Maybe it was not the greatest example. So I went back to my original guitar that I liked, SG Faded in brown. I keep looking at the specs and it seems like the HP is a better guitar. From pictures on the internet it looked like Gibson spent a little more time on the fret edges, being finished a bit more than the Std Faded. The 490 pups are fine with me.

Didn’t know what to think about GForce. I set the accuracy setting to max. It can really tune a guitar! Every doublestop (two notes played at the same time) and chord sounds great. I’m grateful for the factory set-up, every note sounds good. It’s a sweet guitar, Gibson HP.

I'm having problems with the pictures.

I'm unable to put pics up too. I bought an HP model, 2017 SG Standard HP for the Zero Fret Nut....LSS, had to send it back, NECK-DIVE-itis made the guitar un-playable!.....the 2017 SG Standard Trad I got to replace it tho, it is BAD-A$$$, best SG I ever played....blows my '79 SG away, its not even close !

IMG_0564_zps1g37pd5n.jpg

Took a chance on a stripped 2013 60's Tribute from Stratosphere. Added aged hardware, Locking Grovers, SD Antiquity Pickups, custom made batwing pickguard from Precision Guitar in Phoenix, AZ, SG wiring harness from Stew Mac, truss rod cover and switch ring from Hell Guitar Parts in Japan: http://www.hellparts.com/

Very happy so far!

Took a chance on a stripped 2013 60's Tribute from Stratosphere. Added aged hardware, Locking Grovers, SD Antiquity Pickups, custom made batwing pickguard from Precision Guitar in Phoenix, AZ, SG wiring harness from Stew Mac, truss rod cover and switch ring from Hell Guitar Parts in Japan: http://www.hellparts.com/

Very happy so far!

IMG_0501_zpst8p5g4mh.jpg

this is what it looked like when I got it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These are back when I got my Gibson back in March since I don't have recent pictures. It's a 2017 SG Standard. When Gibson announced their left handed line for 2017, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to jump on board.

I figured in about 6-7 months, the burst options will be sold out and gone, and I wouldn't be able to get them. That's why I went with dark cherry burst.

The back is almost solid black, but under the right angle, you can see some red in there as well. It's for certain the best playing guitar I own now.

I have an old copy of a Gibson Dove which plays very well, and this gives it a run for it's money.

I think my only real/silly complaint is that the bevels aren't as deep as I'd like them to be. I love the bevel sizes on the very early SGs. Heck, the back bevel on this guitar is deeper than the front bevel. I'm so jealous of the back bevel.

9SewcQr.jpg?1

k4bKAsH.jpg?2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived