Gibson Brands Forums

show your sg

DTGREGG

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks,nice to see some Hiwatt love [love]

Wouldn't mind a nice Hiwatt combo but sadly dealers are few and far between in Toronto area ( is 1 official dealer in Toronto)and the price is a touch high for my taste right now... my 2001 below

rowdymoon-albums-my-crap-picture61288-sg-special.jpg

Wouldn't mind a nice Hiwatt combo but sadly dealers are few and far between in Toronto area ( is 1 official dealer in Toronto)and the price is a touch high for my taste right now... my 2001 below

There aren't that many UK dealers considering,which seem crazy to me, when you compare them to vox,orange and marshall etc.

Very nice SG Sir. I would love to rock some classic Live at Leeds WHO songs with it. [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

I love these faded SG Classics. You still get the P-90 deliciousness and bound neck.

• 4 weeks later...

Ohhhh, OK...Twist my arm! [flapper][biggrin]

Top to bottom: 2012 '61 "Satin finish" reissue, 2013 Captain Kirk SG Custom, and 2013 SG "Original."

270fd228-450f-46b0-8544-1f5411651592_zps53a03e0b.jpg

Last (most recent) purchase: Late 2013 '61 "Les Paul" tribute SG, with "side vibrola."

DSC_95401_zps10a2006f.jpg

All are very well "balanced"...i.e., no "neck dive," at all...including the one without the vibrato tailpiece. [thumbup]

CB

On my "Original" I had the choice from 6 different guitars, my dealer had in stock.

I chose this one, because of the different wood grain pattern, and the darker finger

board, as well. LOVE IT!

DSC_0766.jpg

DSC_0768.jpg

The photos are of my guitar, the day it was purchased. Unknown to me, or my dealer, the Maestro

was faulty (bad tension spring assembly) initially...as you can see by the height of the handle.

I had that replaced, under warranty, via Gibson CS. They were very cooperative, and quick, too!

CB

CB and I are trying to corner the SG market. I bought all of these between 2010 and 2013. Prices got so low in 2012 I couldn't stop! [scared]

image.jpg1_zpsrjdzl4pe.jpg

LOL...well, so far, it looks like you're winning! [biggrin] But, it's not really a competition,

as much as a pure love, of SG's...at least, for me! IF Gibson USA ever makes a Junior, and Special

like the early '60's versions (at a "reasonable" price) those would be my next, and probably only

other, SG purchases.

CB

LOL...well, so far, it looks like you're winning! [biggrin] But, it's not really a competition,

as much as a pure love, of SG's...at least, for me! IF Gibson USA ever makes a Junior, and Special

like the early '60's versions (at a "reasonable" price) those would be my next, and probably only

other, SG purchases.

CB

Yeah, they were making a Jr recently and they were reasonably priced and people seemed to like them. It's just a matter of time before they make them again. I just hope that the body carve is up to your standards. [tongue]

Yeah, they were making a Jr recently and they were reasonably priced and people seemed to like them. It's just a matter of time before they make them again. I just hope that the body carve is up to your standards. [tongue]

[biggrin] Admittedly, I AM "picky" about that...correct (wider, deeper) bevels, and horn tapers.

Anything else, is just a "knock off," even if it is (still) a Gibson. [biggrin] Time will tell.

CB

CB and I are trying to corner the SG market. I bought all of these between 2010 and 2013. Prices got so low in 2012 I couldn't stop! [scared]

image.jpg1_zpsrjdzl4pe.jpg

Wow! Quite the SG arsenal!

They're re-releasing the bad boy, on the far-left, for 2016.... it's already available for order! [drool]

• 3 weeks later...

My SG 70 Tribute. Pulled off the Dirty Fingers and put a 57 Classic at the neck and 57 Classic + at the bridge. Changed out the stock Grover Tuners for Grover Locking Rotomatics and replaced the nut with a Tusq XL nut. Using Les Paul pure nickel would 10's. And a custom cut pickguard and chrome top hat knobs and a cream colored switch. She plays great.

post-65481-039204200 1443066647_thumb.jpg

Ohhhh, OK...Twist my arm! [flapper][biggrin]

Top to bottom: 2012 '61 "Satin finish" reissue, 2013 Captain Kirk SG Custom, and 2013 SG "Original."

270fd228-450f-46b0-8544-1f5411651592_zps53a03e0b.jpg

Last (most recent) purchase: Late 2013 '61 "Les Paul" tribute SG, with "side vibrola."

DSC_95401_zps10a2006f.jpg

All are very well "balanced"...i.e., no "neck dive," at all...including the one without the vibrato tailpiece. [thumbup]

CB

Gibson sure got it right when they built these ones. I sure hope there are more like this to come.

I can't stop going back and looking at this thread again and again. Tons of super nice stuff!

Gibson sure got it right when they built these ones. I sure hope there are more like this to come.

I can't stop going back and looking at this thread again and again. Tons of super nice stuff!

Yeah, they sure did! [thumbup]

But, they seem to be going back to the pre-2013 spec's, again. [cursing] (Heavy Sigh!) [unsure]

CB

Archived