Gibson Brands Forums

First it was the electric guitars made in Nashville. Acoustics are next.

vacamartin

I wouldn't exactly call it a "sleek design"…..looks like an engineer designed it NOT a product designer…...

I just got past banging an A tuning fork on my forehead to tune my guitars. Now all I have to do is push a button?

Maybe next I can get a machine to play it for me.

Sheesh!

One way or the other - no biggie.

BUT, at least the reporters, and certainly George Gruhn could get the purpose right. The idea is to switch quickly between alternate tunings, NOT a "tuner for dummies". Gibson/Tronical tuners have been available on Epiphone acoustics for a few years now.

It has an air about it like..."This is the way things will be, period. Like it or lump it."

In order for Gibson to force this feature on me, it is assumed I will buy a Gibson product in the first place.

If a Gibson product has a feature I don't want, I will not buy a Gibson product.

If I don't buy a Gibson product, I may buy someone else's product.

Or I may buy nothing at all. This is my choice as a consumer.

If I don't buy a Gibson product, my life goes on unaffected.

It has an air about it like..."This is the way things will be, period. Like it or lump it."

In order for Gibson to force this feature on me, it is assumed I will buy a Gibson product in the first place.

If a Gibson product has a feature I don't want, I will not buy a Gibson product.

If I don't buy a Gibson product, I may buy someone else's product.

Or I may buy nothing at all. This is my choice as a consumer.

If I don't buy a Gibson product, my life goes on unaffected.

Or there'll develop a "Pre-Autotuner Gibson" market, like "Pre-CBS" Fenders.

Used market will be the key.

Fred

In all seriousness though I like the principle of it.

I sometimes don't play some alternate tuned songs because of the 10 extra seconds it takes to retune especially if the crowd has few drinks in them. The attention span of today's society is so short that the extra 10 seconds of tuning could mean the difference of keeping them interested or losing them completely.

I agree it should be be optional but eventually the technology will advance to the point that these robot tuners will look exactly the same as regular tuners.

I doubt it ... The bozeman factory knows that the buyers are fairly traditional

I would never buy this product.

And if it happens no one will buy it

JC

I doubt it ... The bozeman factory knows that the buyers are fairly traditional

And if it happens no one will buy it

JC

Well I don't think Bozeman has much to say about it. Head office will decided (or has already decided). There are some cool things about the GForce tuners. However, I wish they would just make the tuner holes in the headstock the same size as the traditional Grovers. Then, even if the customer cannot choose a guitar without the GForce, at least they can drop in Grovers as they wish without having to ream the holes. Also, reaming the holes to replace the GForce with Grovers makes putting the GForce back on a mess. Reselling the guitar at some future point becomes a problem in that you can't return the guitar to original specs.

The lack of choice and consideration of the user bothers me.

Archived