Gibson Brands Forums

Fender: Super Bassman 300 / Ampeg: SVT-410HLF

MrNylon

Today I changed out the Hartke HA5500 head, and the Hartke VX410 cab, for the Fender Bassman 500 head, and the Ampeg Heritage SVT-410HLF cab. The Fender Bassman 500, 500 watts, 4 ohms head, sounds great going through it. The Ampeg is a 500 watts RMS, 4 ohm cab. It peaks out at 1,000 watts. I like being able to get the full 500 watts out of one 4 ohm cab, instead of having to use two 8 ohm cabs for the same results. I sure like the US Eminence 125 watts, 410 speakers in it also. it really has a great low frequency response too. [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing sounds like a tube headmsp_thumbup.gif. Fender has come a long way with their bass amps over the years.

It's actually a Class D Hybrid SS. It does have 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes. It powers the Ampeg really well. The Fretless Jazz does sound good through it.

I did make two changes to the settings on the Overdrive Channel. I raised the Gain, and Blend up one number, from 5 to 6 on both, and the Bass Deep pull is pulled out. It adds quite a bit to the overall sound. [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived