Gibson Brands Forums

Selling my AJ-220S...includes HSC & Upgrades...

cliffenstein

$200 plus $40 for shipping.

Check out my Reverb.com page here: https://reverb.com/item/870656-epiphone-aj-220s-2014-vintage-sunburst-w-hsc-upgraded

"This guitar sells for $199 brand new, why are you trying to sell it for $200?"

This guitar was pretty good off the shelf, but after my Martin Certified Warranty Shop got through with it, it was a bonafide stage ready professional guitar and I spent a lot of money to get that done. Plus, I bought a $90 Road Runner Hardshell Case that will be included with the sale of this guitar.

Here's a rundown of exactly what I had my Martin guy do to this guitar:

1. Installed missing third fret marker (on the fretboard and the binding strip)

2. Plek'd the frets to allow for super low action with absolutely no fret buzz

3. Did a complete setup

This guitar plays so much better than it has any right to. You'll be able to take it out of the case and right onto a stage and play with confidence and ease.

It was made in Indonesia in August of 2014, so it's not quite a year old yet. It comes from a completely smoke free home and has been treated with loving care. There's literally not a mark on it.

"So if you spent all that money to make it so great, why are you selling it?"

I bought a higher end guitar that looks a lot like this and I can't justify to myself or my wife to keep them both.

Guitar has perfect intonation, super low action with zero fret buzz and is incredibly easy to play. Comes stringed with D'Addario EJ16 12-53 Phosphor Bronze strings.

I hope you'll consider purchasing this guitar. It is well worth the asking price.

WILL SELL OUTSIDE OF REVERB TO THE RIGHT BUYER. Just contact me via PM if interested.

wtinevnozkjwdnhtnmzo.jpg

isnklh3rjycstjfhrfkj.jpg

bcgwfuehxk9s3jbapasb.jpg

tvcow1bcd8slvbdzbgek.jpg

jby3dtf6chxoebpnovwy.jpg

eb9wwcizhmkp43xqdyno.jpg

jglnfmamuxltwzxvldhj.jpg

demm1if6nr69w3ovuoqz.jpg

vwdp2v61rnhfw5bfkr6k.jpg

Cliff, this sounds like a great price for a perfect specimen of the 220S. Beautiful color, no run out. I know you take great care of your guitars, and this one you have set up perfect, and added the 3rd fret pearl dot ...and with case included..it's a great price! A solid top needs a case! Great package! If I didn't already have one, I'd buy it! It's a great opportunity for the right person looking for a real fine guitar! I hope somebody grabs this gem while they get the chance!

Yes....I'm taking a big loss, but I need some non-family funds to fix up a Korean made LPJ electric I have. My particular AJ-220S is a remarkable specimen of what this model can be. I won't be too upset If I don't sell it.

...and with case included..it's a great price!

I think with the case alone makes it a reasonable price. Knowing you, cliffenstein, it's in like-new condition, and the other features you've put into it do make it a great deal. Beautiful grain on that top. Gorgeous guitar.

I won't be too upset If I don't sell it.

Haha, I don't bet you would!

Cliff it's a beautiful looking guitar - nice grain on the the top. Hope you sell - you should get near what you are asking I would think.

The intriguing bit for me is the next to last photo (the foot) - was that a bit of naturist guitar playing? :rolleyes:

I don't want to be the bad guy here but I would imagine the only person who buys this AJ220S at this price is either a sucker for a sales pitch or just your run of the mill dope. If there's one thing I've noticed over the years of buying and selling is that upgrades don't amount to squat on the resale factor. I remember a lot of guys likening it to a black hole for your money, meaning do it if you want but remember you're not getting that money back. So what we have here is a $199 used guitar without a warranty with a hardshell case usually valued at most at $20 on top of the guitar, guitars usually go for about 60% of their new price... ugh this don't look pretty. If the day that upgrades finally have commanded a higher resale value I'm all for it but for today it seems all I have for you guys is a....

Reality-Check.jpg

I don't want to be the bad guy here but I would imagine the only person who buys this AJ220S at this price is either a sucker for a sales pitch or just your run of the mill dope. If there's one thing I've noticed over the years of buying and selling is that upgrades don't amount to squat on the resale factor. I remember a lot of guys likening it to a black hole for your money, meaning do it if you want but remember you're not getting that money back. So what we have here is a $199 used guitar without a warranty with a hardshell case usually valued at most at $20 on top of the guitar, guitars usually go for about 60% of their new price... ugh this don't look pretty. If the day that upgrades finally have commanded a higher resale value I'm all for it but for today it seems all I have for you guys is a....

Reality-Check.jpg

Perhaps so, but like I wrote earlier: if I don't sell it then it's no big loss and I'll know I gave it a shot. It's a very nice guitar that I won't mind having to keep.

The guitar is gone.

I really ended up losing out on this with all the money I put into this guitar in the first place, but I'm heartened by the fact that a beginner gets to learn on a such a fine looking, sounding and playing instrument.

I think there's something to be side about improvements like this . I got my 400.00 for my dr though you can find them cheaper but your not Going find one that plays like her easily and with the case and set up.

So 200.00 ain't bad if the buyer knows a little about guitars or more understanding that they have to flip a set up bill so having hopefully right for there playing is a perk .

I have found that not one guitar I bought even my 2013 American Guild that did not need a set up right out the box maybe it's just my luck or knowing what I need but it was always money spent .

The guitar is gone.

I really ended up losing out on this with all the money I put into this guitar in the first place, but I'm heartened by the fact that a beginner gets to learn on a such a fine looking, sounding and playing instrument.

Cliff you haven't lost out. You enjoyed that guitar and all the work you put into it and still got something back for a new project, and some beginner will know the joys of being a guitarist. IMHO Win win. [thumbup]

Archived