Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio stand recomendation?

Matt23

I just bought a new 2015 Les Paul Studio, and realized that all of my stands have rubber neoprene contacting the guitar. I believe I read that this can harm the lacquer finish (it's my 1st lacquer finished guitar). So, I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend a finish safe stand that's not too many $$.

Thanks!

I have become a wall-hanger guy.

I use stands for small gigs where the big 7-axe leaning stand isn't appropriate, but at home I love the wall-hangers.

Re; neoprene...

I find that if you pick up the guitar fairly often, and keep the neck and headstock well polished and/or waxed, there is no way the neoprene will do any sort of harm or blemish.

guitar-wall-hanger-2.png

Congrats on a very nice guitar! You didn't skimp on the guitar-try not to skimp on the stand. LOTS of folks keep their guitars on "display" and IMO nothing wrong with that unless the humidity is very high or very low, which is often the case.

Speaking of case- safest place to store a guitar when not playing.

I bought a Hercules stand recently for the main reason it is sturdy and transportable. You'd have to intentionally knock that thing to tip it over. It reportedly has "Nitro-friendly" foam padding BUT there is a disclaimer saying because of the myriad nitro mixtures the company cannot guarentee compatibility. SO- my darling wife made covers for the contact points, just to be sure. No, it ain't pretty, BUT my guitar is (a Studio also, in Ruby Red) and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.

The Hercules is portable and sturdy. But there are others, even ones that look like furniture! My model Hercules- $50.00.

Brian

Re; neoprene...

I find that if you pick up the guitar fairly often, and keep the neck and headstock well polished and/or waxed, there is no way the neoprene will do any sort of harm or blemish.

+1

If I am not using the guitar for a whilw I keep it in the case

The Hercules stands are almost impossible to knock over and I haven't ever had a problem with the nitro. But I don't leave the guitars on the stand all the time. There was a problem with the old ones where the plastic handle would get tacky after awhile but they've solved that problem. They also make a wall hanger. [thumbup] [thumbup]

I have micro fiber towels on my 7 guitar stand where the Gibsons sit.. Top & Bottom!!

I also have a Hercules & don't use anything on it & the Nighthawk is hanging in it now..

Should cover those with the fingers cut from a cotton glove..

The Rest of our gear is up in the studio leaning against walls & in the corner etc..

Cheap stands should be thrown away..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived