Gibson Brands Forums

Band Reforming

Tman

The band that I was in 2 years ago in Santa Barbara is reforming, this time here in the L.A. area. Like a phoenix rising from the ashes of a past musical endeavor; like the origins of the entity itself from the primordial goo that was a few has been musicians. Musicians unaware of the vast array of digital enhancements. None of us could stand that we were no longer on stage being worshipped (or at least not having things thrown at us or outright booed). Interestingly, I was in a band in the 70's called Roxx and the bassist was in a band here in LA at the same time called Rox. I am not kidding. We both thought the other was joking when we first met.

We have a practice space here. The drummer (woman in the middle in this photo) has moved away. The other woman and her husband are the vocalist and bassist. We are going to do weekend gigs. I am in charge of finding a drummer. I advertised on Bandmix and got 3 responses out of 21 and it looks like a 61 y/o guy from Simi Valley is interested. We'll see. Can't wait to jump back in. We play classic rock stuff (Pretenders, Zep to take advantage of her extended range) and Blues mostly.

730700-l_zpsvwfedni6.jpg

Any ideas for a name?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a variety of band name recommendations.

If your band is heavy into the 80's genre; A Flock of Haircuts

Exploring Goth/Grind-core grooves? Bundy's Dilemma

Post-Modern surf-pop-party band direction; Polesmoker 500

German techno genre; Mein Kampf

Want to appeal to those who listen to modern pop radio? Call yourselves The No-talent, Lip-Synching, Vo-Coded, Digitally-Enhanced, Born in Springfield but talk like they were raised in Harlem, Flash-in-the-pan Bimbos!!

Sincerely,

Señor "Can I have Lisa's Left Eye?" Sparquelito

[flapper]

Good for you Phillip! [thumbup] - looking forward to hearing some of your songs here.

names...

well apart from the obvious "Free Beer" (you're guaranteed a crowd once they put the sign up - but you'll only play any place once), I'll have to give it some thought.

I always thought if I had a punk band I'd call it "Trough Lollies" but that wouldn't be appropriate for such a distinguished looking group as yours (actually I am putting together a hard/alt rock originals band to fill the void a bit, hmm...)

I will think further on this...

oh, and go for a young woman drummer - I don't know what it is about that, but I'd always cross the street to see a cute chick play drums. [wink]

The band that I was in 2 years ago in Santa Barbara is reforming, this time here in the L.A. area. Like a phoenix rising from the ashes of a past musical endeavor; like the origins of the entity itself from the primordial goo that was a few has been musicians. Musicians unaware of the vast array of digital enhancements. None of us could stand that we were no longer on stage being worshipped (or at least not having things thrown at us or outright booed).

Best read this year, I truly wish I wrote that!

Any ideas for a name?

Wet Paper Towel.

Good luck with it bro. May the gigs be many and long, the pay be little and short, the drinks be warm and watered, and the dancers stupid and clumsy causing you to reinvest in monitors and mic's every other month.

rct

These are all fantastic and there are some really edgy great ones! I am collecting them all and we will have a band vote.

Just found out the drummer candidate calls himself Tall Bill. I'm short Phil. Could be interesting. The bass player is a big guy. Two and a half men?

Archived