Gibson Brands Forums

Band Reforming

Tman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name your band "Just Kidding". When you are done or going to take a break, you sign off with "Gonna take a short break, we're Just Kidding". Or, "Good night everybody, we're Just Kidding" Nobody will ever know when you're really stopping or you're just kidding. [biggrin]

I was thinking, "THE GOO".

Seriously, before you choose a name check YouTube & Domain.com if you want to stand out. Their are Bands like, " The Nomads" in every town & they're already on YouTube & forget the .com.

Man this thread has shown creativity on an epic scale.

Tallying up the suggestions onto an excell spread sheet. Unlike the CA lottery which sends out emails of losing numbers everyday, we will know fairly soon of a winner. It'll be off this forums list. [biggrin] <_< [unsure][mellow] :mellow: [scared]

These are all fantastic and there are some really edgy great ones! I am collecting them all and we will have a band vote.

Just found out the drummer candidate calls himself Tall Bill. I'm short Phil. Could be interesting. The bass player is a big guy. Two and a half men?

FracTal Bill Philco & the Shortwaves

With a female vocalist I'd think Kitty & The Litters would be the way to go.

Are you serious?

How about Doggy and The Turds? Pretty much the same thing.

Dude, that is not a good name.

I would have no problem belonging to a band called Kitty and The Litters. I probably got the idea when I'd pass a dozen handbills for Joey Miserable and The Worms every day in Greenwich Village back in the late 70s.

I never DID hear Joey Miserable and the Worms but the name sure stuck in everybody's head. They used humor to their advantage.

redo

2nd chance

last chance

last call

another go

replay

pete,repete &repeaters

refurbish

new2u

back4mo

revised

revamp

the makeovers

take 2

refresh

rerun

reform

rehash

echo

ditto

the knock offs

the upgrades

the sound squad

the tone clones

the tone tribe

the electrified ensemble of doom

Such great stuff here and thanks to all contributions (notice I avoided who or whom contributed). Maybe surf pup can tell me which is correct!

Vangie, short for Evangeline, wants to call us Martini and Rox(x). Slightly dirty.

So much good material here we'll have a fun drunken first band meeting, like the old days, shake the whiskey to get that poison up in there, and come to a decision.

I have a variety of band name recommendations.

If your band is heavy into the 80's genre; A Flock of Haircuts

Exploring Goth/Grind-core grooves? Bundy's Dilemma

Post-Modern surf-pop-party band direction; Polesmoker 500

German techno genre; Mein Kampf

Want to appeal to those who listen to modern pop radio? Call yourselves The No-talent, Lip-Synching, Vo-Coded, Digitally-Enhanced, Born in Springfield but talk like they were raised in Harlem, Flash-in-the-pan Bimbos!!

Sincerely,

Señor "Can I have Lisa's Left Eye?" Sparquelito

[flapper]

LMAO,,,,nice!

Such great stuff here and thanks to all contributions (notice I avoided who or whom contributed). Maybe surf pup can tell me which is correct!

Vangie, short for Evangeline, wants to call us Martini and Rox(x). Slightly dirty.

So much good material here we'll have a fun drunken first band meeting, like the old days, shake the whiskey to get that poison up in there, and come to a decision.

Hi Tman, now that sounds like a good time [thumbup] mmm whiskey on the rox, sorry couldn't help myself :lol:

kind regards, Emma :)

Archived