Gibson Brands Forums

Where to find aftermarket pickguard for ES-330 VOS re-issue?

GonzoJohnny

Hey all,

I was working with Guitar Center to purchase an aftermarket ES-330 pickguard. I believe it was a 2012 release. They stated that Gibson doesn't make them and that I'm pretty much stuck with the one I have? For the price of this guitar, you'd think I'd have at least a few options. Does anyone know where I can turn for one? Thanks!

As the 330 is a mid-grade instrument and produced/purchased in much smaller quantities than say a 335, there are no OEM or aftermarket specific 330 parts available.

You're either going to have to have one custom made from blank stock (a good selection of blank stock is available from StewMac), or modify an aftermarket 335 guard (AllParts sells great repros of many Gibson pickguards).

In either case, your existing stock guard can use used to "pattern cut" the new one for an exact reproduction.

I traded my R8 for it. I did a lot of research before I pulled the trigger, and Gibson wouldn't have sold them for $3800 bucks if they were mid-grade. Having been built in the Custom Shop, I'm sure some would disagree with that statement. But you're a pretty advanced member and probably know a lot more about these than I do. Your statement makes it sound like I got fleeced. Thanks for the reply though.

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

I was working with Guitar Center to purchase an aftermarket ES-330 pickguard. I believe it was a 2012 release. They stated that Gibson doesn't make them and that I'm pretty much stuck with the one I have? For the price of this guitar, you'd think I'd have at least a few options. Does anyone know where I can turn for one? Thanks!

http://www.pickguards.com/

http://pickguards.us/pricees.html

scroll down

403Gibson ES-330 - for 17th fret body joint$28.00$31.00$35.00$39.00$49.00

Archived