Gibson Brands Forums

CC#2 Goldie aged by Murphy year 2012

Sun

Lamited fingerboard applied to most of les paul on 2012. Just wondering if 2 pcs is applied to CC#2 Goldie aged by Murphy? I understand that collector choices are quite premium product and should not be applied with lamited fretboard. But some said that it was applied to VOS not aged model.

Am I understanding correctly?.

Thank in advance for all of your valuable comments.

Lamited fingerboard applied to most of les paul on 2012. Just wondering if 2 pcs is applied to CC#2 Goldie aged by Murphy? I understand that collector choices are quite premium product and should not be applied with lamited fretboard. But some said that it was applied to VOS not aged model.

Am I understanding correctly?.

Thank in advance for all of your valuable comments.

It is also my understanding that none of the CC models have laminated fretboards. They should all be solid.

specs

Guest Farnsbarns

At the time I asked Gibson if they were doing it on RI's and the reply was that it was being done on all custom shop and usa models. I would have assumed this included CC's. I never really gave it much thought at the time because I wasn't considering a CC. The info they gave me was the reason I looked for an 11 model at the time.

I also asked a couple guys in the shop at the time and they told me that the limited supply of one piece fret boards were being saved and used on the CC models and some high-end (big dollar) models. O

Archived