Gibson Brands Forums

Desperately Seeking Gibson Pioneer 12 String

Pioneer

Does anyone know if and where there might be found a 12 string Gibson Pioneer?

I will never forget the first time I tried a Gibson Ranger at my local music store. The tone was/is what I had been searching for. When I discovered that the Ranger had a sister cutaway, The Pioneer, I bought the first one I could find. I have been playing it and loving it every since.

I know that both Rangers and Pioneers are rare because Gibson never put them into mainstream production.

The other day, I was drifting around online halfheartedly looking for a B45 12 string, when I found this press release (Below)...and thereby learned that Gibson produced a 12 string version of the Pioneer.

Well...I can forget the B45 for now--and my full-on, heart-sick, and passionate search is on for a Gibson Pioneer (or Ranger) 12 string. IF anyone here can please help me on my quest for this (my holy grail) guitar it would be infinitely appreciated!!!

Thanks fellow Gibson friends!

Press release below: Picture is the cover my 2011 disc, I Want You, with my Gibson Pioneer. Most of the guitar parts on this disc are recorded with that Pioneer. No processors needed or wanted...just the Gibson Pioneer miked through a Fender Hot Rod Amp.

For IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Gibson USA debuts Americana Series with chambered body design

Gibson USA's new Americana Series features the Pioneer, a round-shouldered, cutaway dreadnought, and the Ranger, reminiscent of the L-00 design. The guitars are based on the Chet Atkins SST solidbody acoustic concept and have a new body chambering process for extra resonance.

"The Americana Series have a cool vintage vibe, with classic Gibson body shapes and finishes," says Henry Juszkiewicz, Gibson chairman and CEO. "Yet, with all their special design features, they are more affordable than other acoustic-electrics on the market."

The Pioneer and Ranger are structured to be lightweight and produce a high volume sound. They have an exclusive chambered mahogany body, bound fingerboard, and traditional Gibson script headstock logo. The Pioneer is available in Antique Natural and Vintage Sunburst, while the Ranger comes in Antique Natural and Saddle Brown finishes. The guitars are equipped with a piezo bridge transducer system. A 12-string Pioneer and left-handed models are also available. MSRP: Ranger is $1,948; Pioneer is $2,298.

Gibson is known worldwide for producing classic models in every major style of fretted instrument, including acoustic and electric guitars, mandolins and banjos. Gibson's digital guitar, introduced in 2002, represents the biggest advance in electric guitar design in over 70 years. Founded in 1894 in Kalamazoo, MI, and headquartered in Nashville since 1984, Gibson Guitar Corp.'s family of brands now includes Epiphone, Dobro, Valley Arts, Kramer, Steinberger, Tobias, Slingerland, Trace Elliot, Maestro, Baldwin, Hamilton, Chickering and Wurlitzer. Visit Gibson's website at www.gibson.com.

Americana Series

Ranger Press Release Web page Feature PDF

Natural Satin Tiff 19.9mb Jpg 1.4mb

Saddle Brown Tiff 19.9mb Jpg 1.4mb

Pioneer Cutaway Press Release Web page Feature PDF

Antique Natural Tiff 20mb Jpg 1.7mb

Vintage Sunburst Tiff 20mb Jpg 1.7mb

Americana Group Press Release Web page Feature PDF

Laydown angle Tiff 31.7mb Jpg 3.1mb

Gibson, 800-4GIBSON; www.gibson.com

Contacts:

Walter Carter, Gibson Guitar Corp., 615 871 4500, walter.carter@gibson.com

Michelle Nikolai, Gibson Guitar Corp., 615 871 4500, ext. 2267, michelle.nikolai@gibson.com

post-73056-011497400 1437064792_thumb.jpg

Archived