Gibson Brands Forums

While My Guitar Weeps in Acoustic

BluesKing777

I have mucked around with this track and tried all kinds of versions.....this version of The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" I recorded yesterday with my old Gibson L-0.

While it is a great country blues guitar, it is also really nice for ballads and I like tuning down and capo -ing up. It also has lost its bitey edge after some....err...Toneriting. I am really pleased with the result of the TR - really mellowed out the new bone nut and saddle for me!

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/weep-777zzzzz

BluesKing777.

Thanks for the replies!

As for taking tunes from the forum to your work, obvious a glutton for punishment [mellow] , but it depends on what work you do where and how. You obviously dont have access to the forum on a computer at work, so you could use an iPhone or iPad with earphones and just log into the forum and play the tune required, or copy the tunes across to an iPOD or MP3 player....

BluesKing777.

Did you record this, one off or on two tracks IE guitar 1 Vocal 2 ?

I record all my tracks recently with a vocal mic (Shure Bullet Mic) and a guitar mic (Neumann KM184) 'live' to my A&H 4 channel mixer, which has a usb diect of the stereo mix to my iMac.....

BluesKing777.

I have mucked around with this track and tried all kinds of versions.....this version of The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" I recorded yesterday with my old Gibson L-0.

While it is a great country blues guitar, it is also really nice for ballads and I like tuning down and capo -ing up. It also has lost its bitey edge after some....err...Toneriting. I am really pleased with the result of the TR - really mellowed out the new bone nut and saddle for me!

https://soundcloud.c...3/weep-777zzzzz

BluesKing777.

I enjoyed this so much I decided to learn it, and I have - thanks [thumbup]

Archived