Gibson Brands Forums

BB Died of Alzheimer's

badbluesplayer

" - “other significant conditions” contributing to his death were coronary artery atherosclerosis, Type II diabetes, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and cerebrovascular disease."

"When you die, everything is wrong with you" - Louis Armstrong

I've said it before; God Bless B.B.King. And now, his memory. His music will live forever.

How fortunate and completely privileged I was, to see him play live twice.

R.I.P.

1437139676[/url]' post='1677019']

" - "other significant conditions" contributing to his death were coronary artery atherosclerosis, Type II diabetes, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and cerebrovascular disease."

"When you die, everything is wrong with you" - Louis Armstrong

I've said it before; God Bless B.B.King. And now, his memory. His music will live forever.

How fortunate and completely privileged I was, to see him play live twice.

R.I.P.

Well said! RIP Mr. King, you were truly one of a kind.

His primary cause of death was alzheimer's. I guess being an active musician must have helped him ward off the disease.

Don't know if you saw the Glen Campbell special "I'll Be Me", but it portrays how he may or may not know who you are, but hand him a guitar and he's got it!. Talk about muscle memory!

As for BB, let's not forget he was 89 and spent 2/3 of the year on the road. That's like living in dog years.

1437132833[/url]' post='1676986']

His primary cause of death was alzheimer's. I guess being an active musician must have helped him ward off the disease. Hmmm.

Article here

I didn't know that. I had a brain tumor that screwed me all up decades ago, effected some memory and had to relearn some things. Sure hope I never get that dreaded disease, lost an Aunt to it. That's why I took up guitar again Badbluesplayer. Hope it keeps my mind sharp. Here's a little story of my Aunt. " My Mother took Alice to Little Kings once, and while she was ordering the food, she turned around and no Alice. Franticly she looks around for her and also looks in the restroom, no Alice. She goes by the kitchen, and there's Alice with pants off sitting on the trash can taking a dump." Two employees are in the kitchen, a guy and a gal, jaws dropped, eyes big watching on. Like, it's your turn to take out the trash! She didn't know what she was doing, she was the nicest lady that I ever remembered and would do anything for you. Wife keeps telling me I have to keep doing things that keep my mind sharp.msp_unsure.gif That's why I took up guitar again. I have a super hard time doing solos though. Some are so long and complicated with bends, and add speed, i wonder if I'll ever get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived