Gibson Brands Forums

limited edition

simont

from this page...

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/a-message-about-dark-fire/

Dark Fire Delivery Delayed

On Dec. 15, 2008, Gibson introduced the world to Dark Fire. The most high-tech product that any guitar company has ever produced, Dark Fire promised to sell out overnight. Dark Fire events were held at Gibson Showrooms and dealers across the globe, but very few of the 2,000 models we’d predicted to be out the door were actually shipped

so what is it?

2000 or 4000?

I understand it was 2000 for USA, 2000 for Globe = 4000 total.

They were targeting dates of Dec 15, 2008 - 5PM for USA Sales, and Dec 21, 2008 for Global Sales.

But production hurdles were encountered. I estimate only 400 were actually shipped during 2008.

Pre-Existing orders are being shipped out, new Dark Fires leave the Gibson Factory each day with very rigid quality control steps to insure customer satisfaction.

Yeah, it's a little confusing Simont. That's why after reading contradicting threads and posts on various websites I thought to post a thread about it here and see what the actual numbers are. L-Kirk expanded on it and beat me to it by asking us to post a registry. Everyone across the globe logged on to Gibson's site and read the press release for the Dark Fire... Limited to 2000 units. But then suddenly dealers and review sites started saying that what we were reading was correct but not exactly since it was alleged to be released in a limited 2000 production run for North America and another 2000 for the rest of the world.

I'm with you , I thought I was getting 1 of 2000 not 1 of 4000, not that it takes away from the purchase we made in any way. We aren't collecting these guitars to hang on a wall but to play and to dream. They just wont be as rare as we initially thought! Just half as rare! We haven't actually heard that 4000 number from Gibson though so there's nothing to say that the reports are accurate. The production number might vary well be 2000. Who knows.

Here's another thing to throw you for a loop, maybe. If you click on Buy Now Gibson lists the dealers that will be selling the Dark Fire worldwide. They list 300 for the mentioned 400. Will the reported number of 5 units per shop that comes to 1500 units. One could assume that 500 will go or went to show models, celebrities, Gibson personnel etc. Which in terns equals 2000 total units.... Thats a bit out in left field yes, but while we're speculating and don't actually know what the number is I thought it sounds like a good theory.

Cheers,

paitken76

I got an email back from Gibson Customer Service when I got very specific about the quantities of guitars that will be produced. They didn't specify what quantities go where, even though I asked about the 2000 US / 2000 World issue. I was told, simply:

The guitar was scheduled to be limited to 4000 units.

I got an email back from Gibson Customer Service when I got very specific about the quantities of guitars that will be produced. They didn't specify what quantities go where' date=' even though I asked about the 2000 US / 2000 World issue. I was told, simply:

[/color']

The guitar was scheduled to be limited to 4000 units.

I wonder when we can expect the purple metallic Dark Fire guitar, a limited edition of 1,000 units worldwide? <g>

Cat Daddy

Hehehe... Very Funny! I think you have a great sense of humor CatDaddy. You ought to have included: "... the Hello Kitty' date=' Purple, Metallic model..." since you have a cats (HA!)...[/color']

Hi, RS!

Nah! I'm not all that crazy about the color purple...not that there's anything wrong with that! <g> I'm more of a blue guy. So, if they come out with a blue metallic Hello Kitty model...I'm there! <g>

Actually, my post was more of a shot at Gibson. As a somewhat frustrated GOR owner, I bought into the whole "limited edition of 4,000 units worldwide" thing...only to see subsequent versions (the first of which was purple metallic...as you know! <g>) of the Robot be released in even more limited editions of 1,000 units each.

Which is another reason (besides the monetary one) why I stayed away from the Dark Fire this time. <g>

Cat Daddy

Archived