Gibson Brands Forums

Best Guitar tutorials/books?

I'm a big fan of guitar books (with audio). From some i pick and chose and some I try to work my way through all. (But skipping the hardest parts or playing them real sloooow). I have a huge pile, so I really shouldn't order any more, but .....

What in your opinion is the best guitar books available? Any style, I'm too old to be selective :-)

Hello

It depends on what you are trying to do but one of the best (most useful and easy to follow) that I ever got is Warren Nunes' Jazz Guitar Series "Rhythm and Background Chords" by Nunes and Snyder.

My preference for playing leans toward jazz. Of the books pictured below, I'm actually working with Connecting Chords with Linear Harmony, Paying Your Dues with the Blues, and The Jazz Theory Book all at the same time, and have been for over a year. My thing is learning to improvise, and while the first two do a great job of helping with that, I find that I have to read it, absorb it, practice it, let it become part of my vocabulary, then move on. That takes time. It's a process.

0809141612a_zps6ac3f33a.jpg

Archived