Gibson Brands Forums

Show me your Goldtops

Bent Olav Olsen

While all you others post pictures of Les Pauls with fantastic figured maple tops, and I admit they look marvelous, what I really want is a "plain" Goldtop. There is nothing fancy about the Goldtop. I just love it. Don't know why. Probably one of my heroes way back had a Goldtop or something like that.

Come on, feed my lust, show me your Goldtops :-)

Sure :)

Mine is only a Studio (60s Tribute Studio) But looks just as good in my eyes

IMG_0191_zpsed17afe3.jpg

The funny thing is that I never really wanted a Goldtop but when I went to try these 60s Tributes out, I tried loads of them as I wasn't sure what colour to get.. The SECOND I picked up this GT version I knew it was the one. I now (obviously) love goldtops.. There is just something about them.

Only a Stuido? I love the simple elegance of a Les Paul Studio, and that was a wonderful Goldtop, thanx!

Yeah, I just mean as in no super shiny finish or binding.. BUT those things are totally just cosmetic... It plays and sounds just like any Gibson I own... and I actually like the non super shiny finish (or faded as they call it), the neck feels amazing you can actually feel the wood grain under your hands as you play.

Hi Rabs, that's a beauty [drool] I've been considering a Goldtop for a while now, hopefully by the end of the year :)

kind regards, Emma :)

Thanks.. and yes id say go for it....

As I said above, theres just something a bit different about them that I cant put my finger on.

And a Goldtop with P90s, even better ;)

Beautiful goldtop....I kick myself for having not bought a Sig-T.....killer LP's..... [thumbup]

Oh, wish I woulda bought a Classic Custom too......lol

They are indeed beautiful. Tried to find them 2hand in Norway, but I don't think many of them was sold here. Or those who bought them hold on to them ...

While all you others post pictures of Les Pauls with fantastic figured maple tops, and I admit they look marvelous, what I really want is a "plain" Goldtop. There is nothing fancy about the Goldtop. I just love it. Don't know why. Probably one of my heroes way back had a Goldtop or something like that.

Come on, feed my lust, show me your Goldtops :-)

My Bonamassa Studio with Porter H90's...

IMG_4539.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

90uote name='ksdaddy' timestamp='1437336438' post='1677560']

My '71:

s6q97s.jpg

aubf2d.jpg

What Pickups are those?

I've thought of the superdistortion in p90 size, but have not heard them before.

NHTom

Archived