Gibson Brands Forums

Zoom Q8 Video Recorder

BluesKing777

This looks like an impressive piece of gear. I have the the much more basic older Zoom Q3 HD which gets good results on sound and picture.But it only has the option of 1 mic source.Either the built in condensers or an input to plug in a mic which cancels the condensers.

This unit linked to allows multiple miking and mixing...very versatile in a small package.

This looks like an impressive piece of gear. I have the the much more basic older Zoom Q3 HD which gets good results on sound and picture.But it only has the option of 1 mic source.Either the built in condensers or an input to plug in a mic which cancels the condensers.

This unit linked to allows multiple miking and mixing...very versatile in a small package.

I thought so too when I read the spec, FB.

I think you can do the same with yours, but a mini plug adapter is needed...

I was thinking with my setup i.e. I could run set up in my music room: vid, mic as supplied; or vid and my nice Neumann mic;...or vid with line out from my little mixer. Pity they didn't invent these gadgets when we were younger and prettier! Yeah, forget it, we'll stick to Soundcloud......

BluesKing777.

Ha! when I was younger and prettier I would have been playing Black Sab's Paranoid on my $100 Les Paul knock off.Probably best there is no record of that [biggrin]

Errr.....hope ya had your G String correct back then.....

I burned the few old photos I had - nobody except the very special had a camera back then, and only the super riche had film......

Good!

A couple of guys I know have old cassette tapes of our various bands and they delude themselves into thinking they are good, probably because they have not spent one second trying to improve or practice in the 30 years since. But I say..'Can I have a listen?' And then....'Oh, I broke it!!!'

I haven't practiced and gone to lessons etc etc for just about every day of those 30 years because I liked it then...NO. Break it.

BluesKing777.

Archived