Gibson Brands Forums

Brass nut ... Stock or Mod ?

Brass EVERYTHING was popular in the mid 70s. Bridges, tailpieces, pickup rings....

In '86 I bought out the contents of a music store and there were many brass nut blanks from the 70s. I think I finally used up the last one on a bass last year.

Should I try to find an original era nut to replace it? I am looking to sell this guitar. This appears to be the only change that has been made to the guitar. Does it effect the value that much? Thanks for your opinions and advice !

I don't think it would effect the value much or if any. we use to put them on back in the day, because it would give a nice squawk when playing things like Black Sabbath and zeppelin. depending on the buyer, i would think it could be a selling point, and probably sounds better than with the stock nut. just my opinion.

Should I try to find an original era nut to replace it? I am looking to sell this guitar. This appears to be the only change that has been made to the guitar. Does it effect the value that much? Thanks for your opinions and advice !

Archived