Gibson Brands Forums

Getting a new Hummingbird Pro - Advice?

shuvalkin

This thread and this whole forum is a mess. The O.P. comes here looking for advice and Guitarlight does his typical troll routine. The moderators here are not doing their job. Guitarlight needs to go. This is not a forum for a guy trolling Martin guitars. Martin has their on forum. I own Martin guitars and I have no problem with them. If I want Martin information I will go to their website. This forum is a joke.

If that isn't bad enough, and it should be, this forum is now advocating for Chinese bootleggers. What is the matter with you folks? Now you are actually standing up for Bootleggers? Hell why stop with the bootleg pickguard. Just go ahead and get the whole guitar. It's probably only $29.95.

I blame this mess on the moderators. This is a Gibson forum. We come here for information on Gibson Guitars not Martin and certainly not illegal Chinese bootleg junk.

Where are the Gibson members? Why are you silent? Are you going to let two trolls take this forum down?

I promise you I will send this thread to Henry and Dave and maybe they can straighten things out here. This will not be tolerated any longer.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread and this whole forum is a mess. The O.P. comes here looking for advice and Guitarlight does his typical troll routine. The moderators here are not doing their job. Guitarlight needs to go. This is not a forum for a guy trolling Martin guitars. Martin has their on forum. I own Martin guitars and I have no problem with them. If I want Martin information I will go to their website. This forum is a joke.

If that isn't bad enough, and it should be, this forum is now advocating for Chinese bootleggers. What is the matter with you folks? Now you are actually standing up for Bootleggers? Hell why stop with the bootleg pickguard. Just go ahead and get the whole guitar. It's probably only $29.95.

I blame this mess on the moderators. This is a Gibson forum. We come here for information on Gibson Guitars not Martin and certainly not illegal Chinese bootleg junk.

Where are the Gibson members? Why are you silent? Are you going to let two trolls take this forum down?

I promise you I will send this thread to Henry and Dave and maybe they can straighten things out here. This will not be tolerated any longer.

GuitarLite is a Troll. He praises Martin, Epiphone and anything and everything except Gibson. Every so often - he offers a disclaimer "I love my Gibson" But he always comes back to his central theme, which is that he hates Gibsons. Whether it is tuning keys, bridge pins, saddles, pickguards, or the complimentary pick - he has major issues with something, everything. I, for one, do not come to This Forum to hear someone bash this brand on a regular basis. While we all appreciate tolerance to differing views - regular, incessant bashing is not something I appreciate. GL has been doing this for years.

GuitarLite is a Troll. He praises Martin, Epiphone and anything and everything except Gibson. Every so often - he offers a disclaimer "I love my Gibson" But he always comes back to his central theme, which is that he hates Gibsons. Whether it is tuning keys, bridge pins, saddles, pickguards, or the complimentary pick - he has major issues with something, everything. I, for one, do not come to This Forum to hear someone bash this brand on a regular basis. While we all appreciate tolerance to differing views - regular, incessant bashing is not something I appreciate. GL has been doing this for years.

Fortyearspickin is actually theTroll. Sad really. I guess he has nothing else in life. I kind of pity him. He gets very nasty at times if you write something he doesn't agree with and then resorts to name calling like troll etc etc.

He is angry because I spoke of and mentioned a Martin D-18 and addressed Gibson Bone/Tusq saddle spec issues....this is a no no to him and his groupies. He has been at this for years and driven many good people from this forum.. He appears to be a sales man, trying to get others to buy Gibson guitars, and who puts down anyone who does not worship and praise Gibsons, perhaps because he is afraid they will not buy one when they hear of any defects. He wants no negative reviews, only praises and worship so that perhaps he can justify the defective guitars he owns, and he wants you to never speak of, or bring up, issues in need of correction on the Gibsons which he appears to worship like religious symbols. I speak only the truth here. But believe me there are many diciples and followers of the this group. At least 10 others and they bond together like glue, spattering poison and insults at will to any who oppose their views. They will cut you down if you speak your mind. They will come together like a pack of wolves. They will insult you as he has me here.

Pushing the issue about gibson bone/tusq saddle specs being correct, or incorrect, will result in being poo pooed by the faithful followers....persue it, and a frenzied attack of name calling could quickly occur by the diciples.....( I hope I've spelled that correctly or I risk being condemned again!) Poo poo!

Now I ask you, the OP, (original poster) after reading this garbage that Fortyearspickin wrote above....the hate he spits out at me and other members, and the vile hatred condoned it appears by the moderators in here who seem to never ban him. Now, REALLY I ask you...Is what I wrote so horrible that this person has the right to defile and abuse another member by calling them a troll, and claiming they hate Gibsons?..It's pretty rediculous really.

.....Take a look at my own icon in thie picture.....I OWN a 2013...$3000 Gibson Hummingbird...and love it! ....Yet this BASHER fortyearspickin, tells you I hate them! He continues to insult members publicly and personally, repeatedly, and abuse this good Gibson forum. ...Please Ignore him. He is a disgrace to this fine and wonderful Gibson forum...He is the TRUE troll in here...and so is Hogeye, and other members, they act like members of a religious cult when assaulting other members. ...Just be careful of what you write OP. or you could be next simply for speaking you own honest opinions. They lie in wait, particularly for newbies.

There are many good people here in the Gibson forum, wise, intelligent, honest, and eager to help you. I'm sure you will be able to discern them....these trolls will even resort to private emailing you, telling you that so and so is a troll. Anyone who does that...IS the troll using you! ...Don't let them and you'll be fine in here. And yes, I know you are much smarter than that!smile.gif

It is people like Fortyyearspickin that destroy the integrity of a good forum like Gibson, misleading others, with false truths, and personal name calling, to influence what your write, to drive you from the forum. They particularly hate me because they have not succeded. I have not been driven out like the others.....I'm sure there are others who have experienced this constant abuse. He wants you in the cult of worshippers and followers in here. You have your own mind! Be smart. Stay away from these trolls...you will know them immediately...

Fortyearspickin' response above is the typical response of an average troll. A trouble maker...a name caller...a personal attacker...one who wishes to start needless arguments for no reason at all and distract from the business of talking about Gibsons in a good light. I had not even addressed him with any comment at all!!...and yet the attack....quite typical really. ...and now the group attack will usually follow....!

.....watch closely now....his diciples and followers will follow up with more vile hatred and assaults and entries on me, and other members who they HATE, simply because one speaks their mind about a Gibson.

....I love Gibsons by the way not hate them...believe me, if I didn't I wouldn't have dropped thousands an a wonderful Gibson Hummingbird...Is he mad?!. .but reading the garbage that this troll above, fortyearspickin, has written...well I think he would wish for you to think otherwise and hate me as well.

...I hope you won't do that. I wish you the best of luck on your new Gibson, you will come to love it if you do keep it and after all, everyone has the right to choose what they love right?....and if you disregard those in here who spread evil and hate at every opportunity...you will be just fine! You will be the winner!

.......................................Best wishes, GuitarLight

I almost pulled the trigger on a GC Hummingbird Pro a few months back -- it played very nice. I was intrigued by the built-in pickup (Fishman) -- it was the barn door style" and had EQ on it. Normally I don't like the huge footprint of the barn-door pickups, but I was looking at this particular guitar for a performance guitar. I didn't get the trade value I wanted for one of my Martins so I passed on it and ultimately landed a Breedlove Oregon concert guitar and I really enjoy -- although different kind of animal than the Hummingbird Pro.

Anyway, if you buy that HP, I'd be interested to know what your impressions are of the built-in pickup system on it.

All the best...

Anyway, if you buy that HP, I'd be interested to know what your impressions are of the built-in pickup system on it.

I wish I could give you an expert answer on this. This is the first acoustic I've owned with a built-in pickup, so I don't have a reference point against which to judge it. But to my inexpert ears (and using nothing more than a borrowed Marshall AS50D), I'm pleased with the Prefix. The contour frequency controls are pretty nifty (one slider for setting a point on the contour spectrum to boost or cut; another slide to increase or decrease output to that point). Phase switch, notch control, etc. But I'd bet that there are other forum topics that focus on the Prefix (or the Fishman Blender, to which the Prefix is frequently compared).

Disciple ? I'm no disciple , certainly not of hogeye . nor no one else .

I'm just as bored as he is of your nonsence. What are you , 14 years old ?

Anyone can read your content and see what you're up to .

Get a life man

If more than 3 people tell you you're sick then lie down

Disciple ? I'm no disciple , certainly not of hogeye . nor no one else .

I'm just as bored as he is of your nonsence. What are you , 14 years old ?

Anyone can read your content and see what you're up to .

Get a life man

If more than 3 people tell you you're sick then lie down

You've just proven my point. You are a troll. Anyone who traces this threads dialogue will see you are trolling again. That you have attacked first, and that you continue to attack unwarrented. So far you have attacked twice. Will you call in more diciples? More followers? We ingnore you. Because that is what must be done to trolls!

The poster is not concerned with your constant attacks on members, they are concerned only about their Gibson Hummingbird Pro. Perhaps you would do better to stick to the forum subject, (Gibsons) instead of trying to divert attention to yourself by acting like you are 6 years old. 14 years old would be quite mature for you wouldn't it? Where are the rest of your diciples? Who follows who in the clique?

You've just proven my point. You are a troll. Anyone who traces this threads dialogue will see you are trolling again. That you have attacked first, and that you continue to attack unwarrented. So far you have attacked twice. Will you call in more diciples? More followers. We ingnore you. Because that is what must be done to trolls. The poster is not concerned with your attacks, they are concerned about their Gibson Hummingbird Pro. Perhaps you would do better to stick to the forum subject, instead of trying to divert attention to yourself by acting like you are 6 years old. 14 years old would be quite mature for you wouldn't it? Where are the rest of your diciples? Who follows who in the clique?

Here we go again. tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

I wish I could give you an expert answer on this. This is the first acoustic I've owned with a built-in pickup, so I don't have a reference point against which to judge it. But to my inexpert ears (and using nothing more than a borrowed Marshall AS50D), I'm pleased with the Prefix. The contour frequency controls are pretty nifty (one slider for setting a point on the contour spectrum to boost or cut; another slide to increase or decrease output to that point). Phase switch, notch control, etc. But I'd bet that there are other forum topics that focus on the Prefix (or the Fishman Blender, to which the Prefix is frequently compared).

Ah, so you bought the HP? I must have missed that part -- enjoy! Great guitar when you find the right one. I picked up a used Alvarex Yairi couple years ago and it's nothing too special unplugged, but plugged in it really shines. It has the Alvarez barn door style pickup. My experience with that guitar (still gig with it) taught me that a great pickup can make a performance guitar, even if it is average unplugged.

Enjoy your new Hummingbird Pro!

I just want to know who the other troll is? Hogeye?

It better not be me. While I've questioned the overall quality of Gibsons at GC vs. Music Villa, Russo's and other high end dealers, I'm certainly not a troll just for wondering aloud--mostly in jest--about adding a Bird guard to a Pro.

But for clarity's sake, who be the second troll?

Who cares? I say a pox on all your houses. I come here to discuss guitars, not to watch a display of childish personalities.

I've had my humming bird pro for about 18 months . It sounds just the way I want.

PB Ej16 s are my string of choice. 11s are a bit too light for me.

Here in the UK we can only buy these from Germany so I bought it unseen.

It's just beginning to mature and I really like the long scale for a bit of extra power.

I'm no Gibson disciple (note the correct spelling ) I've owned many makes over the years. My bird pro is my perfect 6 string.

Some may chip in with the well discussed pros and cons of calling it a hummingbird at all.

Keep the original pickguard, it's suits the body

Enjoy your new guitar.

Regards WD

I just want to know who the other troll is? Hogeye?

It better not be me. While I've questioned the overall quality of Gibsons at GC vs. Music Villa, Russo's and other high end dealers, I'm certainly not a troll just for wondering aloud--mostly in jest--about adding a Bird guard to a Pro.

Don't worry, it's not you! lol Better to get back to the Gibsons I think. But I do think an original HB pick guard would look good on a Hummingbird Pro. Either way they are nice looking guitars for sure! But those pick guards are pretty hard to get I hear.

Hang-in there, gang. Middle school starts-up in about three weeks and all the kiddies will be gone for a while.

Meanwhile, we found out that after nearly 5000 posts that Blindboy is a troll...lol....Damn, he's one-heck-of-a-master-of-disguise. I was thinking he was a valued forum member. He sure had me fooled..........For what it's worth, I respect the evil Blindboy, Hogeye, and fortyearspickin.

Archived