Gibson Brands Forums

Getting a new Hummingbird Pro - Advice?

shuvalkin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread and this whole forum is a mess. The O.P. comes here looking for advice and Guitarlight does his typical troll routine. The moderators here are not doing their job. Guitarlight needs to go. This is not a forum for a guy trolling Martin guitars. Martin has their on forum. I own Martin guitars and I have no problem with them. If I want Martin information I will go to their website. This forum is a joke.

If that isn't bad enough, and it should be, this forum is now advocating for Chinese bootleggers. What is the matter with you folks? Now you are actually standing up for Bootleggers? Hell why stop with the bootleg pickguard. Just go ahead and get the whole guitar. It's probably only $29.95.

I blame this mess on the moderators. This is a Gibson forum. We come here for information on Gibson Guitars not Martin and certainly not illegal Chinese bootleg junk.

Where are the Gibson members? Why are you silent? Are you going to let two trolls take this forum down?

I promise you I will send this thread to Henry and Dave and maybe they can straighten things out here. This will not be tolerated any longer.

Hogeye...enter troll number 3. Please ignore thr trolls.

Honestly, I see where you are comming from but at the price you are paying for that guitar, you should really look at a Martin D-18. A much better built Mahogany/Sitka guitar..and a classic icon for more decades than many can count. It is also built 100% better. And the new bracing, and low modified neck, and PERFECT woods, top, back and sides, make almost any Gibson pale by comparison. You can even order them in burst color.

Gibson are hit or miss. Martins are solid as a rock. I own a Gibson HB...and it was like pulling teeth to find it. And Haven't found a decent J-45 yet. The hummingbird Pro's I tried were aweful, just aweful.

Try the Martin D-18 ( 2012 model or later)....stunning build...much better sound and tone, with quality built in. You don't need to look far to find a good Martin or Taylor. You need to be a magician to find a good Gibson.

Best of luck to you.

The Martin D-18 is just killer, and on sale, under $2000

GuitarLight please re-read your post. The O.P. was asking for Gibson advice on a Gibson forum and you tell him to find a good Martin or, God forbid,a Taylor?

Martin D-18's are built 100% better? Gibson pales by comparison? Martin uses perfect wood? I take that to mean that Gibson doesn't use good wood? Can you please explain this advice?

It's hard for me to understand as you are the guy that is such an expert that you actually posted that Gibson finishes their guitars with a cotton cloth and a bucket of lacquer. You have a video of this process but have never posted it. You have no credibility.

GuitarLight please re-read your post. The O.P. was asking for Gibson advice on a Gibson forum and you tell him to find a good Martin or, God forbid,a Taylor?

Martin D-18's are built 100% better? Gibson pales by comparison? Martin uses perfect wood? I take that to mean that Gibson doesn't use good wood? Can you please explain this advice?

It's hard for me to understand as you are the guy that is such an expert that you actually posted that Gibson finishes their guitars with a cotton cloth and a bucket of lacquer. You have a video of this process but have never posted it. You have no credibility.

More of the same from Hogeye. We see and hear your snake tongue.You have driven many from this forum......And if I choose to believe one guitar is better over another, that is my right. Your assaults will never change that. But you fail to see or comprehend that I have repeatedly praised Gibson...particularly my Hummingbird...yet a single mention of Martin, or Taylor, and you go ballistic. Comical really. It is you who should be banned. You have been in involved in more brawls in here than any other on record. Yes I love my brand new Martin D-18. It is a wonderful compliment to my wonderful Gibson Hummingbird, or are you deaf too? Stop making up nonsense. If you can not contribute to this Gibson forum in a posative manner, get out, before the moderators throw you out. Perhaps you should go over to the Martin forum. Where you belong.

This thread and this whole forum is a mess.

The moderators here are not doing their job.

This forum is a joke.

I've been a moderator here for a long time and I disagree with what you wrote. I work hard and I work free. If the management at Gibson has any problem with the way I moderate here then they are free to remove me.

If I see the rules being broken I will act on it. So far all I see is a lot of butthurt.

We're one day closer to the kids being in school. Don't give-up. Hang-on. [thumbup]

Seriously, if there's a video or any kind of proof that Gibson finishes their guitars with a cotton cloth and a bucket of lacquer I would like to see it. If it's true it would definitely change my opinion on the Gibson building process. I've never read the original post that allegedly says this and I'd like to know if the claim is valid or a total lie. There's no "in-between" on this. It's either true or it's a lie.

We're one day closer to the kids being in school. Don't give-up. Hang-on. [thumbup]

Seriously, if there's a video or any kind of proof that Gibson finishes their guitars with a cotton cloth and a bucket of lacquer I would like to see it. If it's true it would definitely change my opinion on the Gibson building process. I've never read the original post that allegedly says this and I'd like to know if the claim is valid or a total lie. There's no "in-between" on this. It's either true or it's a lie.

Gibson does not apply its laquer that way. I may have mistakenly assumed that in the past. There is no lying involved. When I made that statement that was in error on my part. Is that what you want children? Is that what you need to hear to stop the Hogeye's exaggerations?

.....Well now you have the real truth. I have never tried to perpetuate that story as true...It is Hogeye who has done that. It is simply Hogeyes way of continuing to bring up anything he can to start arguments. He of course has never made a mistake, never made an error. He is the man who knows how to run a Gibson forum better than the moderators, or so he says. A man who calls this forum "a joke" ..his words... With every post he brings rediculous things of the past up.

...Well Hogeye, and anyone else out there who is fishing for trouble...here's some news for you. ....Gibson does not finish its guitars with cotton cloths and a bucket of laquer.

What past story will Hogeye now resort to in the future to cause trouble?...this story of the laquer is now straightened out. Perhaps an appology is in order Hogeye. I'm big enough to accept one, if you are man enough to give one.

In the immortal words of a former member here... "How about a wee cuddle?"

I like this forum a sht ton. The mods and those running it have been flexible to allow us to share music here, and at the same time we have really smart insiders who share valuable information on the guitars we do. Thank God they do, because as we all know, the website doesn't always have the right specs etc. Hogeye please stick around.

Montana puts out elite product, and I hope they always do. All you guys and gals are multinational, and we get to share music, advice, thoughts on these guitars, and more - and that is pretty effing unique.

And while we can all agree or disagree on Gibson Acoustic policies, they host this great forum for us to collaborate. Please don't be that guy who abuses it. I can choose to not like the quality on one guitar or another, and share information as such, but I wouldn't dream of persistently going into someone's living room, taking the tea and cookies, and then bitttch about the house and the owners all the time. That's just plain silly and lacking class. You know who you are, bless your heart.

In the immortal words of a former member here... "How about a wee cuddle?"

I like this forum a sht ton. The mods and those running it have been flexible to allow us to share music here, and at the same time we have really smart insiders who share valuable information on the guitars we do. Thank God they do, because as we all know, the website doesn't always have the right specs etc. Hogeye please stick around.

Montana puts out elite product, and I hope they always do. All you guys and gals are multinational, and we get to share music, advice, thoughts on these guitars, and more - and that is pretty effing unique.

And while we can all agree or disagree on Gibson Acoustic policies, they host this great forum for us to collaborate. Please don't be that guy who abuses it. I can choose to not like the quality on one guitar or another, and share information as such, but I wouldn't dream of persistently going into someone's living room, taking the tea and cookies, and then bitttch about the house and the owners all the time. That's just plain silly and lacking class. You know who you are, bless your heart.

Such wisdom. Bless your heart. I'm sure the moderators know too.

So you said it, right? That's all I'm asking.........Obviously, no one made it up and accused you of saying it. You said it. You're mad at Hogeye because he won't let you forget that you said it?...lol....So now you've admitted you were wrong. Time to move on.

GuitarLight, we don't know each other and that's the way it typically is on the internet, but in all sincerity your sarcasm, calling people snakes, referring to the people in here as children (as if we're led-along by 3-4 leaders who tell us what to think), claiming that they're making-up things that you said, etc. really tends to give a sour smell to whatever you comment on. I find myself reading your posts and I'm waiting for a personal zinger to be hurled at someone. And when we do that it says far more about us than those we criticize. ....... And most of all, you need to get over your fixation with Hogeye. I don't actually know him any better than I do you, but he doesn't come across like he has a chip on his shoulder about something. He might have one, but he doesn't show it. We all get caught-up in being mis-interpreted at times on the internet. We can't hear the tone of voice or a laugh. All we get are words without the human touch. What I try to do is not be the "jerk" I may have come-across as at times. I don't know that I'm always successful, but I'm aware of what words alone (without a human voice) can do and how I and others can read something into them that really isn't there. There have been a few times where I and others exchanged a couple private messages and apologized to each other. One led to a phone call and we ended-up laughing our asses off. It all made me more aware of how some people might take what I've said...... I wish you nothing but the very best in life. I have absolutely nothing against you. I hope to read great posts by you in here and I look-forward to responding to them. [thumbup]

So you said it, right? That's all I'm asking.........Obviously, no one made it up and accused you of saying it. You said it. You're mad at Hogeye because he won't let you forget that you said it?...lol....So now you've admitted you were wrong. Time to move on.

GuitarLight, we don't know each other and that's the way it typically is on the internet, but in all sincerity your sarcasm, calling people snakes, referring to the people in here as children (as if we're led-along by 3-4 leaders who tell us what to think), claiming that they're making-up things that you said, etc. really tends to give a sour smell to whatever you comment on. I find myself reading your posts and I'm waiting for a personal zinger to be hurled at someone. And when we do that it says far more about us than those we criticize. ....... And most of all, you need to get over your fixation with Hogeye. I don't actually know him any better than I do you, but he doesn't come across like he has a chip on his shoulder about something. He might have one, but he doesn't show it. We all get caught-up in being mis-interpreted at times on the internet. We can't hear the tone of voice or a laugh. All we get are words without the human touch. What I try to do is not be the "jerk" I may have come-across as at times. I don't know that I'm always successful, but I'm aware of what words alone (without a human voice) can do and how I and others can read something into them that really isn't there. There have been a few times where I and others exchanged a couple private messages and apologized to each other. One led to a phone call and we ended-up laughing our asses off. It all made me more aware of how some people might take what I've said...... I wish you nothing but the very best in life. I have absolutely nothing against you. I hope to read great posts by you in here and I look-forward to responding to them. [thumbup]

Quite a mixed bag of congeniality isn't it? ...your post? Tell it to Hogeye. He's your buddy. ...My obsession with him ...lol....no no, it's your obsession. Your his follower. Perhaps Hogeye is MY disciple...he seems to follow me around like a puppy!

So it turns out there's a profile setting that can be used to ignore posts from specific members...

+:-@

Great idea..maybe some of them will use it! I'm sorry they highjacked this thread on you. I'd like to get this thread back on track...Let's see if the disrupters allow it.....

...How is your Gibson working out for you? After all this thread was started by you for information on gibsons...How is it going, and how can we be of posative help to you?

Quite a mixed bag of congeniality isn't it? ...your post? Tell it to Hogeye. He's your buddy. ...My obsession with him ...lol....no no, it's your obsession. Your his follower. Perhaps Hogeye is MY disciple...he seems to follow me around like a puppy!

Great conciliatory comment MOPicker, I am sure it took a good bit of time to write. At least an hour - compared to the minute it took for the response above. Several of us here have probably had the 'opportunity' to learn from our mistakes either in our jobs or personal lives - finding out how easily our written words can be misinterpreted. So, many of us will read, and then re-read, what we write before we hit 'send'.

I do feel responsible for starting up this argument - and so lay claim to the coveted title "GuitarLite's #! Troll." (Refer to GL's comment July 26 at 10:34pm). BBG came in a close second a short time later. HogEye comes in a distant 3rd. I believe MOPicker is #4 but I've lost track.

I therefore feel somewhat responsible, and obligated to suggest a basis for reconciliation - in an attempt to succeed where MOPicker failed.

One would wonder, if there are so many Trolls and Disciples here, whether the lone voice labeling them as such is marching in step while everyone else in the parade is out of step... or is it the other way around?

Which brings me to my point.

I don't think anyone should be banned here for what has been written so far. (Thanks KsDaddy) I sort of view that as a 'big brother' thing and counter to the reason a forum exists - free exchange of sometimes opposing ideas. (Of course, if someone goes off the deep end with inappropriate language and insults - banning would be too good!).

I prefer that commenters who visit here and, to paraphrase ThemiSal "drink the tea and eat the cookies, and then attack the host unfairly for unfounded quality issues regarding said tea and cookies" - just be guided by Peer Pressure. Or, Troll Pressure as GL would prefer to call it. It doesn't seem to have worked in this case. But 'Hope Springs Eternal'. The point being - if we do not buy into the concept of healthy disagreement, we do not move forward.

There. Now I can feel I've met my obligation to the group. I'm done with this thread. I don't want to risk losing my Title by actually accomplishing the dreaded "Wee Cuddle".

(and in the spirit of extending a 'helping hand' in temrs of 'forum etiquette , GLite - I don't think Moderators like duaneV need to be told their posts are acceptable. It's sort of the other way around.)

Is there any chance this thread will get back on track??????? This thread was supposed to be about advice on a Gibson Hummingbird for petes sake ](*,)

As you can see from above I have tried to return this thread to normal. The new troll entries (diciples) show how destructive trolls can be. Fortyearspickin and blindboy have shown their colors. Nothing unexpected.

I don't lie. I am only here to keep the truth.

I've been a moderator here for a long time and I disagree with what you wrote. I work hard and I work free. If the management at Gibson has any problem with the way I moderate here then they are free to remove me.

If I see the rules being broken I will act on it. So far all I see is a lot of butthurt.

Read post #54 again. I guess you don't mind that I was called a snake. As you can see I don't stoop to that sort of personal attack.

I can't help but ask why you would allow a guy to advertise Chinese bootleg pickguards on this forum.I would love to hear your explanation of that.Oh, I get it, it's just a bunch of butthurt.

Just so everyone knows. I knew KSDadday before he was a mod. He came to Montana at my request to attend a "Homecoming" and he even won a guitar. I gave Scott a ride around Paradise Valley before he had to catch his Sunday afternoon flight home. I have asked him many times to come back for a follow-up visit. It was a nice time for me.

So over the years we have agreed to disagree but I never take anything personal. Not even being called a snake.

Read post #54 again. I guess you don't mind that I was called a snake. As you can see I don't stoop to that sort of personal attack.

I can't help but ask why you would allow a guy to advertise Chinese bootleg pickguards on this forum.I would love to hear your explanation of that.Oh, I get it, it's just a bunch of butthurt.

Just so everyone knows. I knew KSDadday before he was a mod. He came to Montana at my request to attend a "Homecoming" and he even won a guitar. I gave Scott a ride around Paradise Valley before he had to catch his Sunday afternoon flight home. I have asked him many times to come back for a follow-up visit. It was a nice time for me.

So over the years we have agreed to disagree but I never take anything personal. Not even being called a snake.

No one believes you except the other diciple followers. Your credibility is zero. Now, shall we try again? Back to Gibsons. Or will there be more snake double talk?

Funny enough , i didnt use the phrase butthurt , but I have noticed a pain in that area.

I think there's still hope for you! Lead and don't follow and you will be fine. Most people in this forum are inherently good. Leave the diciples and you will be back to talking Gibsons instead of nonsense.

Archived