Gibson Brands Forums

Support me on this one :)

Bent Olav Olsen

I can probably get a 2nd hand Les Paul Standard Goldtop 2013 for 1100-1200 $. Not mint but very little wear. As far as I understood from what I have real this is an ok year for standards. No mini-etuners or anything fancy new material in the neck. This should be a very good no nonsense rock machine:) - and the price is good considering this is Norway.

Don't you think I should buy it? :)

Or are there issues with this model/year that I have to take into consideration?

Buying one more Les Paul is always a good decision...! msp_biggrin.gif

Playability is more important than price, so will most forumites say. If if feels good, the price level is OK. 2013 is generally a good model year, before all strange new things coming later.

//Robert

• 1 month later...

I think that the obvious course of action would be for You to buy it, and have it delivered to me for set-up and verification of Gibsonality. Very important steps to take before You play it the first time. Also, send me $35 for shipping to You once that I'm finished with my process. Please PM me Your address and email adress, and I'll reciprocate. It would be best to get it to me ASAP as my schedule is pretty full right now. I would also recommend that instead of getting cheaper Gibsons, You should buy '59 and '58 Reissues, because I specialize in verification of their Gibsonality. I will also polish it and "Gig" it several times to verify its Gigability. This is truly the road to Gibson enjoyment and You'll feel much better when it has finished going through my 12 Step Process. If You would like references, I'll email them to You upon receipt of the guitar. Thank You! ACME Verification Services.

I think that the obvious course of action would be for You to buy it, and have it delivered to me for set-up and verification of Gibsonality. Very important steps to take before You play it the first time. Also, send me $35 for shipping to You once that I'm finished with my process. Please PM me Your address and email adress, and I'll reciprocate. It would be best to get it to me ASAP as my schedule is pretty full right now. I would also recommend that instead of getting cheaper Gibsons, You should buy '59 and '58 Reissues, because I specialize in verification of their Gibsonality. I will also polish it and "Gig" it several times to verify its Gigability. This is truly the road to Gibson enjoyment and You'll feel much better when it has finished going through my 12 Step Process. If You would like references, I'll email them to You upon receipt of the guitar. Thank You! ACME Verification Services.

Sounds fair enough :-)

Archived