Gibson Brands Forums

Had some petty cash laying around the house

duane v

I've always wanted a LPC in a burst, and they had this nice one for $2999 and it's a honey burst which is one of my favorites.... So I snatched the last one..... I thought it was a pretty darn good price considering it's a Custom Shop....

I'm a little concerned about the Gibson badge on the pick guard..... Will it come off? Or is it attached permanently to the PG.

11722276_1054982904519774_5133548468784223276_o_zpsdgtpfn23.jpg

11143716_1054983374519727_852083987067907039_o_zpsirkgblrg.jpg

Whoaahh..

Beautiful man.. Id swap the gold for chrome, but that's just me I don't really do gold hardware...

Lovely colour [thumbup]

(and I wish I had that sort of petty cash [rolleyes] :))

The Gibson Custom badge is just a sticker. It'll peel off just fine, but I'd probably just remove the pickguard or replace it with another one, for resale value's sake.

-Ryan

Good point

What I'm amazed at is the same guitar at MusicZoo is $5200 [scared]

My link

Awesome guitar, awesome price.

I agree with the previous posters.

If you don't like the looks of that sticker, just purchase and mount a different pick guard, and keep the original one stored in a cool and dry location.

Someday (if you decide you want to sell the guitar to keep your future ex-wife from getting it in a divorce settlement) you can alway put the original one back on there, and it'll preserve the re-sell value.

[mellow]

WOW! That is truly one beautiful Les Paul Duane. [thumbup] Wish I had some "petty cash laying around" [biggrin]

I was curious what pickups came in the Custom these days so I looked on Sweetwater. The one in Cobra Burst that I looked at said it has 496R/498T. Then a little lower in the description it says 490R/498T. :-k

WOW! That is truly one beautiful Les Paul Duane. [thumbup] Wish I had some "petty cash laying around" [biggrin]

I was curious what pickups came in the Custom these days so I looked on Sweetwater. The one in Cobra Burst that I looked at said it has 496R/498T. Then a little lower in the description it says 490R/498T. :-k

I would guess 490R/498T, that is a common combo for modern Customs, and a great one!

Love the Honey Burst, wish I had one... Oh, I do have one! msp_biggrin.gif

//Robert

HNGD!!! I'd like to just grab into my "petty cash" and get such a return!! My "petty cash" has been too much on the "Petty" side lately (thinking more about the retirement years now I guess). [biggrin]

Yeah, just swap out the P.G. and keep the other one new. It does look that the Cherry on the IB64 TEXAN I have. Love the color.

For me & IMHO, I really think the GOLD complements the color scheme. A little more care needed, and not too much on the rubbing (man is the gold coating seem thin on tuners/pups/bridges).

Aster

Very nice. That must be a rather sizeable piggy bank!

Lol...... I had this 5 gallon plastic water jug I've been throwing in one and five dollar bills in the last three years.... I sawed off the top and I had $4200 and some change... And I bought two Rams tickets for their season opener against the Seahawks

Lol...... I had this 5 gallon plastic water jug I've been throwing in one and five dollar bills in the last three years.... I sawed off the top and I had $4200 and some change... And I bought two Rams tickets for their season opener against the Seahawks

LOL I do that too! :lol:

Except with nickels and pennies. [crying]

Truly a Beautiful Les Paul Custom. Love the finish. Love the whole look. The 490R/498T aren't my cup of tea so If it were mine I'd put the original pickups in storage to preserve resale value and drop in a set of pickups more to my own taste. While I agree it would look killer without the pick guard I'd leave it as it is. Owning an instrument at this price point without a pick guard would make me hold back from really letting go when playing. No way I'd be scratching that top.

Why does everyone always want to remove the pickguard? I think they look great, myself. Just curious if there's a playability thing or just cosmetic?

I'm only going to remove the pick guard for another one that doesn't have the Gibson sticker.

Archived