Gibson Brands Forums

How Low Will Min-E-Tune Go!

ajay

At present time, there are TONS of Gibson Min-E-Tune Robots on eBay. Everyone is asking between $160 to $170 dollars for the tuners that they don't want and not many other people do either. Obviously they will just languish on eBay forever until prices come down. With every 2015 model being released with this tuning system, the numbers of available units will only grow. Gibson is probably going to put them on acoustics too. How low will prices have to go before people are willing to pay for them? I think that when properly calibrated, they WILL actually function as a tuning system that works. I think that a lot of the horror films on YouTube are actually units that have not been properly calibrated. I am interested in trying one, but my number is about $75, and I think that prices will have to dip below $100 before the curious are willing to pony up some greenbacks for a robotic tuning system that may or may not work. How low will they go?

I programmed one of my user presets to tune down to A#. You just have to have bigger strings for the lower tunings

I.m not sure there is much of a differance but I have the G-Force on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. There may be some differance between the Pre 2015 G-Force and E Tune.

I programmed one of my user presets to tune down to A#. You just have to have bigger strings for the lower tunings

I.m not sure there is much of a differance but I have the G-Force on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. There may be some differance between the Pre 2015 G-Force and E Tune.

Hi Scotty! He's asking how low they will go dollar-wise?

Who knows? Simple economics tells us that a popular item in demand will bring a high return. I think a lot of folks (including Gibson) are hoping they "catch on" with people and thus be worth the asking prices on EBay. My favorite LGS owner was offering to knock $100.00 off any 2015 model if he could keep the GForce tuners AND he would install a set of standard Gibson tuners to boot. This was back in May. In my neck of the woods (Philly suburbs, North,) the GForce / zero fret nut is not popular at all!

I liked mine OK, but for me, between that and the brass nut, I guess I'm just too old. I found nothing wrong with them- mine worked like a charm! I don't believe for a second the brass zero-fret / nut affected tone negatively. they're just not for me- I'll stick with the traditional tuners and a nice, unbleached bone nut, por favor!

If you are looking for a set, I believe you'll find them- dunno about less that $100.

Brian

right now the used gear market is in the crapper here in ontario. it's definitely a buyer's market. considering the state of the economy i don't think it will improve any time soon. in another year, you'll see some really nice gear getting sold for pennies. of course, people with tons of money will be the ones who benefit

My bad. $ well new there like $300 so i think buying on ebay for $100 is close to where it's gonna stay for a while. Some people may decide to start leaving them on there guitars and that may take the price up a bit. Who knows. I thing the best deals are now.

10298285_818462821530008_8404395644362632156_o.jpg

Archived