Gibson Brands Forums

What's your most played guitar?

Californiaman

I've been playing my Sorrento pretty much every day for the last couple of weeks.

It's in standard tuning. I'm really enjoying the flat wounds on it. By the way, the locking tuners on this thing are legit. It stays in tune a lot better than other guitars I own.

Epiphone%20Sorrento_zpswatja8gg.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger that (OP). I mostly play a Carvin SH550 (and have for the last three years), but also an Epi Dot with Fralin P-92s, and occasionally an ES-335. All are strung with flat wounds. I'll never put round wounds on a hollow or semi-hollow again. I absolutely love the sound and the feel, not to mention that they last a lot longer.

Roger that. I mostly play a Carvin SH550, but also an Epi Dot with Fralin P-92s, and occasionally an ES-335. All are strung with flat wounds. I'll never put round wounds on a hollow or semi-hollow again. I absolutely love the sound and the feel, not to mention that they last a lot longer.

They might be heavy and a bit hard to bend, but once your fingers and hand gets used to them, bending is no problem at all.

I've been playing my Sorrento pretty much every day for the last couple of weeks.

It's in standard tuning. I'm really enjoying the flat wounds on it. By the way, the locking tuners on this thing are legit. It stays in tune a lot better than other guitars I own.

Epiphone%20Sorrento_zpswatja8gg.jpg

A newly acquired Gibson ES335 is in the running as my most played and favorite guitar. I had been using my Fender American Deluxe Tele, but it seems to be spending a lot more time in it's case. Amp wise, Fender Deluxe Reverb, Twin and a Vox AC15C1, used in that order.

Kenny V

Archived