Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Gibson CEO - PLEASE READ

norcalpiper

Hi Henry-

I'm sure by now you've realized how the robot tuner, while innovative, has still not reached a positive mark with most Gibson devotees. If younare planning on retaining this innvovation on all Gibson models, then I implore you to take time to read this. I believe my suggestions would go a long way into satisfying most all Gibson players, both perspective, new, and old.

1. Create a mechanism that allows for disengaging the tuner so that manual tuning can take place. I know you can do that already, but the gears make an awful cranking sound, and the ratio is insane. A simple disengagement that doesn't stress rotors, gears, or motor is the perfect balance for those that prefer to manually tune. Use the tuner pre performajce, then disengage for little fine tunes here and there during.

2. Change the string tuning post to something more traditional. Changing the strings on a Gforce head is daunting to say the least...God forbid you have to do it during a performance. There has got to be a way to employ normal gear posts for this tuner.

3. Figure out why the Gforce tuning system doesn't keep tune. I REALLY wanteed to like mine on my SG. It was professionally set up, and it sounded perfect until about the 7th strum. String bending...forget about it. I was refuning after every song, and sometimes during it. I recently removed it and replaced the tuner with regular ole vintage grover keystones and guess what....I can play a whole gig without retuning. You read that right.

So Henry, please take these 3 suggestions to your designers and put them to work. I truly feelmif these things were implemented , then this whole robot tuning thing soild be a notch in the company's belt. Thanks, Josh

Archived