Gibson Brands Forums

Brandy, you're a fine girl.........

Buc McMaster

Superbly done, Buc. When an old classic is done, it needs to be done with "class," and you added plenty of it. I've always enjoyed hearing this song and hearing/seeing you do it continues the journey...........Ukes are a real blast...Good job, bud. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]////////////BTW, I always enjoy your videos.

Buc. Waiting for the misses to come out of the bank, I'm watching your YouTube with the audio cranked through my car's audio. That was phenomenal. I'm smiling and thank you from me and my son Billy.

Edited: Also thank you, as I just learned the song on the guitar and I'll try it out the next time I play out.

Well glad I could add a tune to your set list, Sal...........rock on, brother! And Stu Stu Stu! Where were you in the early 70s, man?! Never heard this one?! And thanks, Phil - enunciation is an important part of singing for me. Didn't include a lyric sheet with the band's CD for that very reason.

Thanks for the love, people. I know some here don't appreciate a ukulele, but hey, ya can't please everyone now can ya?

Nicely done. Stupid question of the day - leftie guitars, done correctly, have the rear bracing patterns fliped mirror wise fom their rightie counterparts - is it the same for a Uke?

Vintage soprano bracing is very simple: one above and one below the sound hole, symmetrical, no bridge plate. Simple. Some modern soprano builders are adding a brace down the centerline of the top beneath the bridge. My Kamaka has this centerline brace while the Kiwaya does not. Though I'm not sure, I think some of the larger ukulele sizes (tenor, baritone) are fan braced like a classical guitar and do have bridge plates.......more wood to support in the bigger bodies.

Archived