Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: 1996 NightHawk

muzicmaken

Thanks guys.....This is the first time in my life I have owned Gibson Guitars at age 50...

I now have a 2012 70's Tribute with Tobacco finish, 2009 Traditional Black with the split coils

and original locking tuners, and now this 1996 NightHawk...

I've always been a Fender guy playing Tele's and strats most of my life, This NightHawk is the best of both worlds...

Thanks for the warm replies....

Ken

That's what they call that finish "FireBurst"

20th Anniversary Nighthawk Standard

Nancy Wilson Nighthawk Standard "Fanatic"

I can't tell you about the 2012 run but the 2013 is a great guitar..

Really like the looks of the 2012/20th Anniversary natural finish too!!

My Son/24 says the NW Fanatic Nighthawk is the best playing guitar we have

We have lots of guitars, Gibsons, PRS, Charvel, Jackson, Ovation, Silvertone, Peavey etc. etc...

Tend to believe him

I really know how to set a guitar up though, I can get the best out of any axe

Takes time & a lot of tinkering.. BTW It has .009"-.042" on it..

I might even try an put .009"s on my Les Paul next time?? but it & my Blueshawk seem to be happy with .010"s

The 25 1/2" scale the Nighthawks/Blueshawks share might be why they feel so good to Fender players & have a different feel & tone than most Gibsons

And Ken I will turn 50 my next birthday but have been a Gibson guy since the early 90s but have had a few really nice Strats that just seemed to always get sold off, I loved their sound for some music but the Gibsons just have the feel & tone I was always after, That RED SuperStrat Les Paul has me now only looking to a Tele for certain tones, I'm gonna build a Tele sometime soon..

I came across two mahogany 4x4s x seven feet that came out of a 100 year old Catholic Church, They are rift sawn but I think I can turn these into some really nice guitars/necks.. Old seasoned, dry & ready to work..

Archived