Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Models

drew365

When does Gibson start shipping the new models for next year? I'm guessing in time for Christmas, but I never pay that much attention. My real interest is when can I expect to see the 2015's marked down to make room for the new models? I have a hankering for one, but I'm not in a hurry and I can wait till they get discounted.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When does Gibson start shipping the new models for next year? I'm guessing in time for Christmas, but I never pay that much attention. My real interest is when can I expect to see the 2015's marked down to make room for the new models? I have a hankering for one, but I'm not in a hurry and I can wait till they get discounted.

Should most definitely be in time for Christmas, Drew. I can't remember when the 2015 line was introduced and when it was available from; but I know my local had a bunch available in time for Santa!

Theres no real way to know..

Yes usually we find out around November/December time or even in January at winter NAMM....

Last year however we found out the details like mid September and they came out in October... So any time between now and January ?

Thanks, I'll just wait patiently. I have plenty of guitars to keep me occupied. I forgot about NAMM. If the 2015's aren't selling well, Gibson may just wait till then to show the new models.

Yes.. Well theres also another possibility that has occurred to me..

That they may just keep the current line going as they probably invested a lot of money on them.... so we may not even get much of a new line up for 2015... just a few extra models or something..

They kinda did that with the acoustics... there were no 2015 models they only just released the details a few weeks ago and they were announced as the 2016 models.. So, who knows? :)

Price reductions are already happening for '15 models

True .... I just reveived my 2015 Les Paul Classic for $1500 delivered.

BTW:The G-Force works perfectly ..... 'after' I streached the strings by hand.

It will certainly be interesting to see which way they go for 2016. The 2015 line was obviously a bad move....I am getting emails from top dealers every week with further reductions on 2015 models.

The debate is endless, but I do see what Gibson were trying to do. Fender mixed old and new with their USA Standards and have it just right, IMO. Forcing the G tune and other changes down our necks was too much, there should have been a choice. Some of the improvements were great, like the improved bridge pins.

Like I said, it will be interesting times when they announce the 2016 models. I guess a smart move would be to use the Traditional line for the "classic appointments" and use the Standards for innovative options!

Like I said, it will be interesting times when they announce the 2016 models. I guess a smart move would be to use the Traditional line for the "classic appointments" and use the Standards for innovative options!

That makes sense. What will they with the other 999 models?

• 4 weeks later...

WHAT??

They can just keep them for that kinda loot..

I'm gonna buy another PRS or maybe a whole bunch of USED Gibsons instead..

$2500 for a Studio?? $4000 for a Standard WT#?

There is also this Midibase that's been calling me.. GAS

I can control a synth with it & well it's a bargain & NEW & 23 years old..

I'm a Bass Player who also plays guitar..

For $4000 I could buy an Alembic

Well, I'll reserve judgement on the prices, until I see what my dealer sells them for.

Gibson is pretty "precious," about it's pricing, and...always has been. But, it is

getting a bit crazy, lately. Especially in this economy. Maybe they want to get all

they can, before it "tanks?" [confused]:rolleyes:[unsure]

CB

$3999 for a Standard 2499 for a Studio? I can only hope those prices aren't for real!

Fear not... these won't be the real pricing on the street.

People have been seeing (and posting pics on FB and other LP forums) of 2016 Standards at GC for $2800 and Studio Faded for $800. Pricing looks to be returning to more reasonable (even pre-2014) levels.

Fear not... these won't be the real pricing on the street.

People have been seeing (and posting pics on FB and other LP forums) of 2016 Standards at GC for $2800 and Studio Faded for $800. Pricing looks to be returning to more reasonable (even pre-2014) levels.

I've seen those pics and the one for 2799 was a GC price tag and is the exact same amount as they are selling the SR's for. Not trying to be a conspiracy nut, but photo shop is out there in full force lol. Also saw pics of a supposed 2016 with nibs, and hope that is for real.

My biggest fear is Henry himself...I can just see, hey look we took all the stuff off you didn't want, just because you asked, so we need to raise the prices. I can't remember the last time Gibson actually lowered prices...

I've seen those pics and the one for 2799 was a GC price tag and is the exact same amount as they are selling the SR's for. Not trying to be a conspiracy nut, but photo shop is out there in full force lol. Also saw pics of a supposed 2016 with nibs, and hope that is for real.

My biggest fear is Henry himself...I can just see, hey look we took all the stuff off you didn't want, just because you asked, so we need to raise the prices. I can't remember the last time Gibson actually lowered prices...

I think theres been a small price drop as these new Gibbies don't seem to have G-Force which will knock some of the money off...

Im sure we will get full details of the 2016s soon enough.. The info up on Amazon is a bit sparse..

2016 is looking like the year of redemption for Gibson.

More photos were posted from a local Boston shop on mylespaul.com

A 2016 Standard with a killer top, a 2016 Traditional in Honeyburst that looks more like Caramel burst a couple of Studios.

And back to somewhat 2013 pricing.

Looking forward to detailed specs!

Nah...no photoshop shenanigans here. I called and actually talked to a GC that has these in stock. They're legit. They also have a 2016 Traditional in Honeyburst. Price on the Trad is $2299.

I work at Sam Ash in Huntington NY. Today we received in a 2016 LP Traditional in Iced Tea and in Heritage Cherry, a LP Studio in washed cherry and in washed brown (worn finishes) a SG standard in Ebony and SG specials in the washed cherry and brown (worn finishes).

These guitars are AWESOME. Think 2012... not just specifications but also pricing. All the features that are loved, none that you don't want and all at friendly prices compared to 2015! PM me for details if interested!

I work at Sam Ash in Huntington NY. Today we received in a 2016 LP Traditional in Iced Tea and in Heritage Cherry, a LP Studio in washed cherry and in washed brown (worn finishes) a SG standard in Ebony and SG specials in the washed cherry and brown (worn finishes).

These guitars are AWESOME. Think 2012... not just specifications but also pricing. All the features that are loved, none that you don't want and all at friendly prices compared to 2015! PM me for details if interested!

Awesome! Can you tell us what pickups the Trads come with? 59 Tribs? Or is it back to 2012-spec with these as well and 57C/57+?

Also are the Trads still non-weight relieved?

And finally, what's the neck profile like? 50s I'm sure, but more like chunky early 50s or a slightly slimmer 59 profile?

Thx for the intel!! ;)

Archived