Gibson Brands Forums

A Couple of Old Gig Photos

BluesKing777

These blurry pics are of a 7 piece blues band I played in at a bike festival approx 1989 or 89.

The piano player lent a roadie his camera to take photos of the band while we were playing - he did take 3 blurry photos of the band and crowd and the rest of the film roll of the strippers [smile]

I also have a cassette of the gig recorded straight off the mixing desk - guitar sounds great but they forgot some of the others.... [smile]

First pic has me second from the left - good pic , eh - I can tell you it was a Gibson Les Paul Custom:

gig1a_zpsued2cw4q.jpg

So the first time I played there was years before on the Saturday night and the place was jumping.

Never agree to playing Sunday afternoon - the crowd were a bit burned out:

gig1c_zpsjoyhwfgo.jpg

BluesKing777.

Love the pics. "Memories are made of this.".............I play outdoors at a Harley dealership in Blue Springs each year, but it's not as big as the place in your pics. Your pics have a Woodstock look to them,.,........BTW, I like the tuners on your Les Paul....lol

The crowd may have liked a bit of ABBBA, especially if the goils went a bit err...loose on the clothes [unsure]

If I had my time over again, I would have sacked the band, kept the WHOLE fee and played solo acoustic - something like this recording I just did on my OM28 Marquis.....

Just a bit of rambling along on the Marquis for a Sunday afternoon outdoor concert:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/rambling777a

Though the guy in the shopping cart may have woken up grumpy without some bass and drums.... :mellow:

What am I saying - I wouldn't take that magnificent OM28 guitar to an outdoor concert - mic may do the job live but....luck of the day. Better to take a pickup'd guitar! I have a couple....

BluesKing777.

Loaded a couple more photos from that day - the others are XXX rated of the strippers.

This one is the 2 nutters, guitar and piano, at the left of the earlier picture above of the whole band on stage - piano player, sax player and bass player no longer alive and the others have lost their marbles [flapper] :

gig1d2_zps9id0n8re.jpg

BluesKing777.

Archived