Gibson Brands Forums

Other Gibsons

btoth76

Don't have it but wish I did. My first guitar was a Gibby LG-0:

https://reverb.com/item/636139-vintage-gibson-lg-0-acoustic-guitar-1960s?_aid=pla&pla=1&gclid=CI_b_KbLkMcCFZGBfgodGSQBxA

Note: link is for reference only, no affiliation with seller. I owned this model (not this specific) guitar in the day when your first guitar became the down payment on your second, etc. It was 1961 and Dad "financed" the $85 it cost back then. Thanks, Dad. And nice to know you were paid back with those "kitchen table concerts" over the years.

I'm sure that there are several of you here who can relate, no?

1981 Victory Standard bass. Original deep red metallic but with a thin crappy clearcoat. Very little finish left on the neck. Weighs as much as a good sized dog. Strung with some crazy set of Rotosounds, 30-85 or some such... "Funkmasters ' I think they're called. Very heavy, very powerful, could also be used as a battering ram.

34q1zs9.jpg

1959 ES-125T. Very much a work in progress. It was stripped, stained, and varnished, binding and all. I've been slowly ridding it of the clearcoat. It has the original Klusons that are rusted black, the original truss rod cover which is curled like a corn chip, the original pickup, pots, one knob and pickguard, all beat but fully functional. Aftermarket "make do" bridge and tailpiece. The back is actually 2 piece flame maple, likely left over from a fancier 16" model. It has the 'modern' post '59 larger frets. The neck is FAT and the action is so low I believe it to be illegal in several states. I would be happy to get the crappy clearcoat off, re-stain it as dark walnut as it will take, and just wipe on a few coats of wipe-on poly. I don't want it to be a showpiece. I want it to look nice of course, but not a hothouse flower. I will be ordering either a new decal for the headstock or a complete overlay with inlaid logo. I know it won't be correct but it'll look nice.

8yu7w1.jpg

09_gibsones125tdc_zps79c8aaa6.jpg

1966 ES-125TDC. Modified by previous owner. All modifications I'd have made anyway. It's kinda my go-to guitar most days. I'm thinking of putting noiseless P90s in it and throwing these in a guitar I can shield, but I'm really too lazy to work through the F-holes. It has genuine bomblebear caps in it. They sound and work the exact same as every other cap I've used. Great guitar. It really growls when you distort the ever-living crap out of it, yet retains clarity. Sounds very sparkly clean.

04_gibsonsg_zps2354025a.jpg

2007 SG. I think it's technically a variant of the "New Century" model. This was one of their guitar of the week models. Started my love affair with the 490/498 combo.

Oddly enough, I have Gibsons, and I have Les Pauls, yet I have no Gibson Les Pauls.

Hello!

It is very hard to pick a winner here. I am glad, it's not necessary either. These are my personal favorites, so far:

ES-175 & ES-5 SM

ESs3_zpsb499183b.jpg

06 Johnny A.

View.jpg

8yu7w1.jpg

Congratulations to all of You! [thumbup]

Cheers... Bence

Archived