Gibson Brands Forums

I love Gibson SG guitars

SG player

When the time came for me to move up from Teisco, Silvertone and Penncrest my first true quality guitar was a '71 / '72 Gibson SG Deluxe my father bought me brand new. Later, when I joined the Navy, my SG joined right along with me. From Base to base to base my SG and a Checkmate tube amp provided my roommates and I many hours of wonderful music. I was 18 playing "I'm Eighteen". These were good times I'll never forget.

Both are sweet SG's for sure!!! [thumbup]

Thank you, the black SG is full stock (2000 Ltd Edition) and the other is a cream SG standard with ebony fretboard. I customized this SG with a white pickguard and gold hardware, the case is a vintage Gibson/TKL.

Yup, SG's just ROCK!!! [thumbup]

The best value of any guitar to be had without question! The SG was my first electric guitar way back when, and I've loved them ever since. I've been kind of keeping an eye out for a three pick SG Custom in white to show up...

I always wanted a SG Special Faded, I found this one, a very nice one piece of wood body. The previous owner waxed the guitar with wax for antique furniture and she looks great. Lovely SG [thumbup]

I will put a set of Seymour Duncan Vintage Blues SH1 with those open covers, PIO capacitors ...

sg_fad10.jpg

sg_fad35.jpg

sg_fad26.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I love them too! I have a Pete Townshend 67 special ri, a CS 61 Les Paul ri. & a SG original. I gig with them alot now that I'm getting on up there in age and they're fine on the back! LOL. Actually I've loved them since the 60s & have used them since then too! I've just expanded my guitar stable.

Archived