Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a honey burst 1958 RI?

Hello.

I got a Les Paul cheep from a bankruptcy sale (I think it was cheep, but I really don´t know much about the guitar, so thats why I am here).

From the serial number I can see it´s made in Tennessee in 2011. And it seems like it is a 1958 re-issue. It also seems like it is a really good guitar, and everybody who has played it really agrees.

You can tell the guitar has been used. It has scratches from a belt buckles, and it miss some painting at the edges behind. I have no plan to sell the guitar, but is this something that would reduce the price a lot of I would?

I really love this guitar, and can not believe I am a owner of a LP :-) But what do you Les Paul gurus out there have to say about my guitar? Is it a good LP? Whats the value of it?

So what my actual question was: is this colour "honey burst" or is it called something else?

Here is a link to pictures: MY GIBSON!

JohnE

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

Yes, that's a satin honeyburst...

...but it's not a Historic model, it's a Studio 60s Tribute Darkback. It is an excellent entry-level instrument.

The specs are here: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-60s-Tribute-Darkback.aspx

These are offered for sale at around $700 on ebay. (In much better condition).

Cheers... Bence

Archived