Gibson Brands Forums

No more Epiphones...

cliffenstein

My Recording King RAJ-122 is just so good that I haven't been playing anything else. I needed to finance some upgrades for my electric guitar so I sold my IB64 Texan. I did do a massive second guessing of myself when the buyer plugged it in to test it out as it just sounds so especially good plugged in, but I went ahead with the sale. In the end, I believe it was a wise choice for me to make.

Several months ago I would have laughed if someone would have told me I would soon be selling my Texan!

Like Guilds , Blueridges maybe a Eastman or Martin or Gib hehehe ....

But really my guitars changed fast once I bought the DR500mce and because I wanted another one to compliment it and unfortunately the sound of the new ones just out did the Epi

I'm not busting on it for it was a great guitar for the money if Epi would add a few hundred bucks to the price and really improve the over all tone I could come back to a Epi again . I know many will argue there ain't nothing wrong and you'd be right so long as your happy .

Mr C will be more aware from now on about future purchases .. It's all about the tone about the tone dun dun dun dun ... 🎶 lol

Happy recording and writing Mr C 😃

Indeed and indeed!

So if someone is on the market for a new guitar, you would recommend either of these, but you are now partial to the Recording King RAJ-122?

What is your opinion of the Recording King ROM-06-CFE4? Did you sample a few RK's before you settled on the RAJ-122?

So if someone is on the market for a new guitar, you would recommend either of these, but you are now partial to the Recording King RAJ-122?

What is your opinion of the Recording King ROM-06-CFE4? Did you sample a few RK's before you settled on the RAJ-122?

Epiphone has a LOT of really great guitars at great prices. I love them. It's just that my RAJ-122 has me so enthralled I just don't need my epiphones.

I have not played that ROM-06-CFE4.

I was able to play several Martinesque RK's, but I'm not a Martin kinda guy...I'm a Gibson kinda guy, so I knew this RAJ is what I wanted. I'm super glad I made the choice I made.

Regards,

Archived