Gibson Brands Forums

Help to identify model and date my vintage Gibson Tenor

CFO

Hello, I am new to the site. I came here looking for answers about my Tenor guitar. I'd like to find out what year it is and also what model. I think it is a TG-0, but I am not sure and I do not know what year it is. The number stamped on the neck block inside is 550. It is all original (except for the pegs that hold the strings in the bridge). I have attached some photos here. If you can help me identify the year and model that would be great. I am not sure what the differences are between a TG-1 or TG-0 or TG-00. Thank you for any help you can provide.

I also posted in the Acoustic forum where I have attached the photos. Do to the linit on data, I could not post the pics on two posts. So here is a link to that post.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/123643-need-help-identifying-vintage-gibson-tenor-guitar/

I went and looked at the pics and responded. But to repeat, I would guess it is a 1932 -1934 TG-1. Reason is the 1931 tenors I have seen still had "The Gibson" on the headstock while in 1935 Gibson went to a new FON numbering system. Take it all with a grain of salt tough as I am a about as far from an expert on tenor guitars as you can get.

I went and looked at the pics and responded. But to repeat, I would guess it is a 1932 -1934 TG-1. Reason is the 1931 tenors I have seen still had "The Gibson" on the headstock while in 1935 Gibson went to a new FON numbering system. Take it all with a grain of salt tough as I am a about as far from an expert on tenor guitars as you can get.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the response.

Archived