Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Member Prayer & Good Vibe List

Aster1

Just a thought to help others going through health (some with serious or life threatening issues) or general life issues in their personal life.

This list is to help both one of our own, battling issues, with uplifting messages that do make a difference, and to help other know who is ailing and how they are doing. It was mentioned that we have several members going through tough issues and it is getting hard to keep track of who & how they are doing.

I have seen much concern, caring, & love for others pour out in times of need. If you are so inclined, carry in your thoughts & prayers these members. Also, members, that wish us to know & offer any strength we can to you, please list how you are doing, take heart in our true concern for your well being with our words, thoughts, and prayers.

Of course, this isn't to off anyone that doesn't believe in doing this for others. JUST DON'T LET THIS TROUBLE YOU if you don't wish to participate in any outpouring. I see the words "LOVE" & "why is the world filled with so much hate" often here. I've always understood that you start with things at HOME or in your community 1st. This is like home to many of us, so IMHO here's where you show that love for fellow man. [thumbup]

I would suggest we start with a list and copy it with each post of those we are thinking about. When they are better (with whatever the issue), then edit the list to hopefully have a short list!!! If not, and the needs are many, then the list is that length it needs to be.

I'll start off in my next post with the few I know of that are having some struggles and have posted as such. Again this is NOT a complete list and no-one has been excluded except for ignorance on my part. I may missed a post some time. Hence the need for this list. If it goes well, I hope we can have it pinned and ongoing.

Aster

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, this is NOT complete. We need help to complete this so all that wish to be listed here are here!!! Also, no order of importance, just those that I recall to get this started off. #8 is just as important in my heart as #1.

Prayer & "Good Vibe" list:

Bender for Life

4Hayden

Milod

Capmaster

My thoughts & prayers continue for you and any others in need!! May God Bless & heal you in whatever way you need, and be with your family to help too!!

Aster

That's a good idea Aster.

I only post sparingly in those kinds of threads. Not because I don't care, but I'm just not good at thinking of the right thing to say. I'm always worried that it'll come off corny or something.

So, to the members mentioned here, I continue to send "good vibes" your way.

This is a brilliant and thoughtful idea [thumbup] I've a few names to add:

Flyingfrets

Kidblast

Rct

Jdgm

kind regards, Emma::)

Thank you for that Emma. My family struggles this summer were not at all unexpected, we've been dealing with these illnesses for a couple of years. They just managed to all end at the same time, which my younger brother and I joked would happen, like a year ago.

So direct those good thoughts, good vibes, good karma, prayers and hopes and good will to FlyinFrets and Capmaster and Milod and those that are having their own struggles, they need it most.

rct

My best wishes and cheer to all that are having a rough go....I'm up there in age also but so far nothing serious...

since the end of May I lost my Dad and 5 days later my aunt(dads sister)and this past Monday my other aunt(again dads sister)

life is short, enjoy and be happy and treat people nice...

Hi Rct and hpharley90, I had something similar happen to me in December 2010. My Dad was rushed to hospital suffering from a heart attack and a week later (the day my Dad was released from hospital) my partner died in my arms from the same thing, he was 35 years old.

It has only been the past year where I've been able to 'let go'. Getting back into the guitars has helped and it's great coming onto the forum and participating😊

Sending prayers, thoughts and good vibes to all.

kind regards, Emma

I just want to add that I too wish only the best for the nice supportive people we have on here...

I generally don't say much in threads like this not cos I don't care but just because I generally lack the words to express how I properly feel about such things.... We all have to go through this in one way or another as we go through life and it does totally suck... I cant tell you the amount of times I start a reply to such a thread and then cancel it as when I read it back to myself it just doesn't sound right so id rather say nothing.

But having people to talk too and offer support helps... and you guys are amazing for that.... =D> =D>

So to anyone who is going through anything like this, you will always have my best wishes and hopes.. even if I don't always comment on peoples threads, I am always sending good vibes to you kind folks...

To Saturn & Rabs:

I truly believe that if what you say comes from your heart then forget worrying about sounding corny. [thumbup] For me, when I've been having a real struggle, someone merely telling me to hang in there & they are thinking about me has had a very lifting effect. Caring ain't ever corny but I certainly know what you mean & have felt the same in the past as well.

What do you tell a friend that is very sick or maybe dying? They have told me that just talking with them about what they are thinking/feeling is like emotional healing water!!!

So, best wishes to others as this list grows. What we need is for all to return to the ranks of everyday, more boring life w/o the illness, conflict or difficulty trust your way!! Happy days when someone is back and removed from the list, "cuz they's doing great now!!!"

Aster

Bender for Life

4Hayden

Milod

Capmaster

Flyingfrets

Kidblast

Rct

Jdgm

Digger

My best wishes and cheer to all that are having a rough go....I'm up there in age also but so far nothing serious...

since the end of May I lost my Dad and 5 days later my aunt(dads sister)and this past Monday my other aunt(again dads sister)

life is short, enjoy and be happy and treat people nice...

Yes, that is a simple truism. I add, for me anyway, don't ever miss the chance to tell your friends & family that you love them either. That last opportunity may be your last (young or old, doesn't matter).

Aster

There's enough good vibes & Prayers for everyone and you wouldn't be robbing someone else rct!!! [biggrin]

It isn't ever in a shortage, but if you don't want to be mentioned, don't want to push it on you either.

Would like to add Digger & others over in the Epi lounge. Great idea Aster1

TC

I agree TC - its easy to miss updates so a nice idea to keep in touch. I recall you having health issues in your immediate family too so wishing you well along with Bill, Brad, Harley, Rob, Emma, John, Ron, Don, Cap, Ray, Milo, 4H, Bender (wow, that's quite a list) for better days ahead for you and yours (from the lists above and a couple I remembered from other threads recently - no doubt missed a few so apologies and kind wishes to them too).

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

We buried my brother-in-law today; it has been very, very emotional. The church in the village of Wistantow was packed, standing room only; there were a lot of good people there. A lot.

The Vicar who conducted the service knew Ken as a boy too, when he was in the choir.

When finally I got back home tonight and looked again at the Order Of Service with his picture on it, well it just tore me up all over again.

And now I have just read this.

I am extremely moved and can't express in words any more what I am feeling right now.

Thank you all so much.

God bless you all.

jdgm,

I, and sure the others here, wish you some comfort & peace with your loss. Take heart that you'll never truly lose him!! Just conjure him in your mind. It always hurts at first, then, for me anyway, it starts to bring great joy to play back some film in my head of a lost loved one (family or friend).

God Bless

If someone sees the list is incomplete, please feel free to add anyone that you know is in need. I'm already getting lost with the list. Just keep adding like a chain letter!!!

Would like to add Digger & others over in the Epi lounge. Great idea Aster1

TC

Done!!! I don't know if Dig gets to the Gibson Lounge much but he's always in my thoughts & prayers! He'll tell me "bull hocky" on the prayers part and I always tell him too bad, he needs them anyway! [biggrin]

May need to start the same on Epi Lounge as only a few of us "Cross Train"

Aster

This is a brilliant and thoughtful idea [thumbup] I've a few names to add:

Flyingfrets

Kidblast

Rct

Jdgm

kind regards, Emma::)

I lost track of this thread,,

Thank you Emma, still hard to believe that we lost a brother so young.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

We buried my brother-in-law today; it has been very, very emotional. The church in the village of Wistantow was packed, standing room only; there were a lot of good people there. A lot.

The Vicar who conducted the service knew Ken as a boy too, when he was in the choir.

When finally I got back home tonight and looked again at the Order Of Service with his picture on it, well it just tore me up all over again.

And now I have just read this.

I am extremely moved and can't express in words any more what I am feeling right now.

Thank you all so much.

God bless you all.

I totally understand brother.

this stuff is never easy.

Has anyone heard from Bender on how he's doing. I visited with Milo and overall he was sounding good, less not being able to play music. I told him he has an excuse after a stroke for not being able to play well, but what can I claim with my inability! [biggrin]

What about Hayden too?

I was blessed this week with a good tests/checkup with the Cardiologist. No progressing with the valve damage I suffered from a heart virus. No clogged Carotids or Abdominal Aneurism either. Very grateful for that. Next, in Sept, get the neck looked over to see options to have some strength in my arms/hands again. Nope, can't even claim that for lousy ability. :rolleyes: Just can't Barr Chord or play much more than a few songs before I give out.

Aster

Yer Added Steve!! [-o<

Is it one of the new balloon treatment kind or the crack bone & pull out style?

Either way, best wishes on a great outcome and some SINUS RELIEF!!!!

Aster

Bender for Life

4Hayden

Milod

Capmaster

Flyingfrets

Kidblast

Rct

Jdgm

Digger

SteveFord

The sinus surgery will be difficult as the infection started last January, it caused a gigundo polyp to start growing and the infection spread to the root of a tooth.

The tooth was pulled but the oral surgeon didn't know about the sinus infection. He kept digging away and digging away at infected material and he either broke into the sinus cavity or the infection broke through into the mouth. Either way, I can pass liquids from my mouth into the r/h sinus cavity so there may be a follow-up operation to close the tunnel.

It's a small hole but all I've been doing is passing bacteria from my mouth into my sinus which is not such a good thing.

The first operation is to cut out the polyp, open up a totally shut nasal passageway and cut out all of the infected crap.

The surgeon did say that because of where he has to work there is a possibility that I'll wind up with permanently blurred vision which would suck.

I'm aware that there are worse scenarios as this is all being done by the optic nerve. I've been practicing my Braille by feeling around on my wife with my eyes closed.

Hubba hubba sez me.

I expect to be heavily medicated and in bed with my headphones on for a spell and all of my guitars have new strings on them!

I had no idea there were so many. I've been praying for Milod since his stroke was announced and 4 Haden, Capmaster, Flying Frets and Digger every since I met him on the other lounge. I love spending more time over there due to him. I just wrote everyone's name mentioned here to my notebook and will be praying for each and everyone of you! I truly believe in the power of prayer. It has worked for myself and some others in the past. May God bless each and every one here On this list. Sometimes I glance at the Gibson Lounge, but mostly I feel like I don't belong with the talent level and knowledge you guys have here and I still can't post videos and stuff. I've tried photo Bucket lots of times. I really do have utmost respect for everyone on the forums. Another name to check out would be Pippy? Not that anything is wrong with him, but I haven't seen any of his posts in awhile now. That always concerns me.

Archived