Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Member Prayer & Good Vibe List

Aster1

1504795976[/url]' post='1879943']

And amen from me too. Although I'm very much a 'junior' member with very limited guitar playing skills, I know this to be a very friendly forum full of helpful people. I got some bad news earlier this week, worse of course for the loved ones left behind. It was the cigarettes that did it for me. Peace and love to you all.

Very sorry to hear the bad news Rookery. Prayers for you and your family.

1505754358[/url]' post='1882096']

Thanks again for the support from you guys here.

My friend did not make it, he did not wish to be kept on life support in the event that we were faced with so we had to let him go. Just got back from the funeral up in Richmond (SF Bay Area) at the recording studio where he was living. We spread his ashes at one of his hangout spots in the bay by the studio.

Sorry about the loss of your friend Dub T.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been reading this thread and I must say, some of the anguish experienced here puts any of my troubles to shame. For those doing it tough, and I include their families, you have my best wishes.

Reading Dub-T-123's story about his friend, actually got me thinking I must update my Enduring Power of Attorney. Nothing grand as such but should revise it to make it clear if my life is coming to and end or recovery is unlikely, my Attorneys will refuse further medical treatment on my behalf and also euthanise me if it is legal at the time. I just cannot see any point on wasting valuable limited resouces on keeping this old carcass going.

Morbid stuff I know but I do consider it's something each individual needs to contemplate deeply.

1505809022[/url]' post='1882200']

Been reading this thread and I must say, some of the anguish experienced here puts any of my troubles to shame. For those doing it tough, and I include their families, you have my best wishes.

Reading Dub-T-123's story about his friend, actually got me thinking I must update my Enduring Power of Attorney. Nothing grand as such but should revise it to make it clear if my life is coming to and end or recovery is unlikely, my Attorneys will refuse further medical treatment on my behalf and also euthanise me if it is legal at the time. I just cannot see any point on wasting valuable limited resouces on keeping this old carcass going.

Morbid stuff I know but I do consider it's something each individual needs to contemplate deeply.

Watching my dad on life support till my sister in Chicago could catch a flight to come in was very sad. He was Brain dead without any hope of recovery, nurses had to keep coming in to clean him constantly and the wife and I decided then and there Not to put each other on life support. But then my mom had power of attorney for my dad. Another thing we didn't like was it seemed that all 3 sisters had all their kids and grandkids there watching till they pulled the plug. I have very stupid sisters. I told Deb. I don't want any of them there when I go.

Thanks again for the support from you guys here.

My friend did not make it, he did not wish to be kept on life support in the event that we were faced with so we had to let him go. Just got back from the funeral up in Richmond (SF Bay Area) at the recording studio where he was living. We spread his ashes at one of his hangout spots in the bay by the studio.

The guys from the studio are going to put together an album of my friend's recordings, and we are planning on recording a song for it that my friend and I wrote together about 7 or 8 years ago. When it is complete I will share with you guys so you can check it out if you wish

One of the positive things that has happened over the past month is that I was able to hang out with a lot of people that were with my friend up in SF that I hadn't met before and he has some great friends. We are all kindof like minded I guess so it will be fun to get together and make some music or something together in the future

Wish I had better news, we all really loved this guy like crazy. I know everyone that passes away is sort of remembered as a saint by their friends and family, but this guy was really special. In over 10 years of friendship, with several of those years spent hanging out on nearly a daily basis, we never had even one arguement or conflict or anything like that. After our high school graduation, he didn't even go home to his parents house after the ceremony. He left directly to SF with absolutely nothing and built up an incredible community of friends, went from working at Starbucks to working on submersible drones, traveled all around the world. He had an amazing ability to have a big idea and accomplish it, and he was so humble many people did not realize how impressive his "resume" is. Just an incredible person that brought out the best in everyone around him. In 25 years he accomplished so much. I am sad that he couldn't do more, but couldn't be more proud and happy with the way he lived while he was here.

It's been such a crazy weekend with my birthday Friday, traveling back and forth between SoCal and SF, and all the emotions. I just stayed home from work today to recouperate a bit. I think I'll use some of this time to brush up on that song that we wrote, which has the guitar tuned to a d minor chord when you strum the open strings.

[sad]

I also send thanks for the support from unknown friends here. Of course there is no one size fits all policy. Different people are affected in so many different ways. I too have had to do things I'd always put off such as making a will, sort out my bank and home affairs. It's actually given me a focus and helped me concentrate on getting things done rather than leaving them to the loved ones being left behind. I haven't had the final countdown yet but it must be better this way, especially for relatives and friends, than to go suddenly. Peace and love to all.

Ah man, there is so little I can say without it seeming trite. If you hold a faith in a higher being I hope it gives you, and your loved ones, strength and inner peace.

For what it's worth, sorting out your home affairs shows you are wise. I've seen a number of situations where that hasn't been done. To call the outcome a mess is an understatement.

I recently had a family discussion, at least with those who still talk to me as I am estranged from one, about my Will and Power of Attorney. It was good to get their views and consensus about my opinion on these as well as my opinion on organ donation, e.g. retinas, skin tissue, liver, kidneys, etc, and that they are comfortable as well as understanding of my wishes in these matters. Never forget you can be useful beyond your time on this earth. I felt good when I made those decisions. Still do.

It maybe more difficult for you and even harder for your family given your circumstances, but I feel confident that if they feel you are taking control of your time, however long that maybe, it can also assist in making them more accepting of the situation.

My very best wishes to you.

Ah man, there is so little I can say without it seeming trite. If you hold a faith in a higher being I hope it gives you, and your loved ones, strength and inner peace.

For what it's worth, sorting out your home affairs shows you are wise. I've seen a number of situations where that hasn't been done. To call the outcome a mess is an understatement.

I recently had a family discussion, at least with those who still talk to me as I am estranged from one, about my Will and Power of Attorney. It was good to get their views and consensus about my opinion on these as well as my opinion on organ donation, e.g. retinas, skin tissue, liver, kidneys, etc, and that they are comfortable as well as understanding of my wishes in these matters. Never forget you can be useful beyond your time on this earth. I felt good when I made those decisions. Still do.

It maybe more difficult for you and even harder for your family given your circumstances, but I feel confident that if they feel you are taking control of your time, however long that maybe, it can also assist in making them more accepting of the situation.

My very best wishes to you.

Good move doing all that and we've recently appointed POA to a couple of our kids. I've been an organ donor for as long as I can remember. We have also discussed what to do in a variety of situations so that they understand our expectations.

I struggled to get POA from mum when she was ill last year as she just didn't believe she was that crook. Her doctor virtually forced the issue, but it allowed me to deal with the doctors and make decisions (in her best interests) when she was unable to do so, and made me the point of reference for all mums medical dealings. Financial POA wasn't needed as I did whatever she needed doing when she was hospitalised and when she died as only kin, I automatically took over her affairs. Talking over in that respect meant paying all her bills which I then felt were my bills....Grin~

It's better to have all these things in place before they are needed and of course you really don't know when that is going to happen.

Watching my dad on life support till my sister in Chicago could catch a flight to come in was very sad. He was Brain dead without any hope of recovery, nurses had to keep coming in to clean him constantly and the wife and I decided then and there Not to put each other on life support. But then my mom had power of attorney for my dad. Another thing we didn't like was it seemed that all 3 sisters had all their kids and grandkids there watching till they pulled the plug. I have very stupid sisters. I told Deb. I don't want any of them there when I go.

Forgot to say, Rtd, it was your post which triggered comments in my later one. While my work was admin stuff, it was associated with doctors, nurses and other health professionals. Over the years I heard about, and observed a few times, situations such as you describe with your Dad. It irked me then and does now. No one should be considered as an object simply to meet the perceived "needs" of other people. It's extremely degrading, devoid of any concept dignity or respect for the person. My opinion only of course. Others, as is their right, may have a different point of view but I won't resile from the one I hold.

And, Dig, spot on with the last sentence in your post.

Our prayers sent to you too. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago following a routine scan. Fortunately, they appeared to catch it early and following months of worry, surgery, chemo, radio, drugs etc. we seem to be over the worst. There is always the feeling in the back of our minds that it could return but we try and be positive. Peace and love to you all.

1506074637[/url]' post='1882667']

Our prayers sent to you too. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago following a routine scan. Fortunately, they appeared to catch it early and following months of worry, surgery, chemo, radio, drugs etc. we seem to be over the worst. There is always the feeling in the back of our minds that it could return but we try and be positive. Peace and love to you all.

Good for her! It has always saddened me when folks have no chances of recovery from cancer, lord knows I've seen plenty enough die from that dreadful disease. But I'm always cheerful of those who survive it. I myself aren't supposed to be here as I was victim of a cancerous brain tumor that was supposed to end my life. Good Lord willing He decided to save me. That's been over 29 years ago. Two years ago I thought I may have gotten it back and went in for a MRI but everything was clear and I'm still here. When doctors and nurses had me written off, I stood strong in faith in God and refused to buy in the chances doctors were giving me. A little faith can move mountains and so it proved true with me! Best in prayers.

All my thoughts and prayers to all of you here assembled.

Your stories of loss and grief, of pain and illness, and of recovery and survival even, they should inspire and motivate us all.

I would like to add my thoughts and prayers to all of you who struggle with addiction to opioid pain medications.

And to all of you who have family and loved ones who are facing a decline and almost certain death because of an addiction to opioid pain medications.

This is a world-wide epidemic, and it's getting worse by the day.

Remember, friends.

It doesn't matter if the pills are lawfully prescribed and dispensed.

If you or a loved one are chomping down several hydrocodones, Lortabs, Percocets, Norcos, oxycontins, or Roxy's a day, there is a crippling addiction at play.

And the doctors and pharmaceutical industry suits go home every evening richer and richer,

and you go home every evening deeper and deeper into addiction and crushing (and worsening) pain.

There is always a mechanical, therapeutic, or surgical solution to chronic pain.

The opioids are not only the wrong path to take, they stop working right about the time you become addicted.

And so you (or your loved one) take more and more and more, and then you eventually stop breathing.

Or you die in a car crash.

And the doctors and pharmaceutical industry suits go home every evening richer and richer.

Please PM me if you want some practical advice on how to overcome such addictions.

I don't want to hijack this thread or clutter it with such discussions.

But please know, I am willing to help, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

:unsure: [crying] :mellow:

And amen from me too. Although I'm very much a 'junior' member with very limited guitar playing skills, I know this to be a very friendly forum full of helpful people. I got some bad news earlier this week, worse of course for the loved ones left behind. It was the cigarettes that did it for me. Peace and love to you all.

Following my initial posts the other week and some truly kind responses from members in this wonderful forum, I felt the need for a little update. I've been diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer and it's probably going to take me out in around 6 months time. It has spread from my lungs to my brain, spine and a couple of other places and kind of knocked me sideways. I am spending the time wisely putting my affairs in order, to make the future a little easier for my wife and family if that's possible. I do not seek sympathy for myself, it is entirely my own fault and of course everyone knew the risks of smoking. I have to say our much maligned NHS has been utterly brilliant and I have received welcome support from my employers too. I probably wont feel the need to post here further for myself except to offer my support and best wishes to others in difficult circumstances and I send in advance my thanks to you all for giving me this opportunity. Peace and love to you all.

1506725616[/url]' post='1884010']

Following my initial posts the other week and some truly kind responses from members in this wonderful forum, I felt the need for a little update. I've been diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer and it's probably going to take me out in around 6 months time. It has spread from my lungs to my brain, spine and a couple of other places and kind of knocked me sideways. I am spending the time wisely putting my affairs in order, to make the future a little easier for my wife and family if that's possible. I do not seek sympathy for myself, it is entirely my own fault and of course everyone knew the risks of smoking. I have to say our much maligned NHS has been utterly brilliant and I have received welcome support from my employers too. I probably wont feel the need to post here further for myself except to offer my support and best wishes to others in difficult circumstances and I send in advance my thanks to you all for giving me this opportunity. Peace and love to you all.

Such a very sad and difficult time it must be. Best wishes and prayers to you and your family Rookery. I've lost good friends and relatives to those darn cigarettes and it's difficult to watch so especially prayers and strength for your family. Wish there were more I could say, May God bless the time you have left here.

Last night my nephew called me from Germany to tell me that my niece, who was like a daughter to me, had committed suicide. I am absolutely heartbroken. I am very worried about my son who spoke with her at least once a week and has been suicidal himself. She is the second loved-one that we have lost to suicide and now it is in the forefront of his mind again. I am turned upside-down by this and didn't know where to post this in the Forums, or even if I should but I'm going to be away from the Forums for awhile so I wanted to let you know why. Please put my niece Nikki in your prayers. Thank you and bye for now. God Bless.

Such a sad story and it seems strange giving you a plus for it, but that's for your courage.

You will be in my thoughts.

Last night my nephew called me from Germany to tell me that my niece, who was like a daughter to me, had committed suicide. I am absolutely heartbroken. I am very worried about my son who spoke with her at least once a week and has been suicidal himself. She is the second loved-one that we have lost to suicide and now it is in the forefront of his mind again. I am turned upside-down by this and didn't know where to post this in the Forums, or even if I should but I'm going to be away from the Forums for awhile so I wanted to let you know why. Please put my niece Nikki in your prayers. Thank you and bye for now. God Bless.

Marky, that's such a tragic story mate! So sorry about your niece, she's gone and all you can do is remember the good things and times now.

Good vibes to your son and I hope you can get him through this. Our thoughts are with you my friend.

Wife's cancer is back, we go in next Thurs. for surgery then chemo after. Small spot,{lymph node} should hopefully be last time, this every 2 yrs crap is getting old. Would appreciate any & all prayers and good vibes. Thanks

TC

TC I feel awful! I must have missed this post! I'm so sorry my old mate!

My very best "Good Vibes" are heading your way and my thoughts are with both of you for a bright and happy future. You deserve it!

Dear friends, wife's surgery went well. Got her out of hospital Sunday and both of us are resting comfortably at home. Will find out soon if she needs chemo, but with folks like you all we will get thru it just like the first time. Words cannot express what the heart holds for you all. Thank you so much and God bless you all.

TC

Marky, that's such a tragic story mate! So sorry about your niece, she's gone and all you can do is remember the good things and times now.

Good vibes to your son and I hope you can get him through this. Our thoughts are with you my friend.

Thanks mate. I appreciate your good vibes and thoughts. We have been doing as you said, talking about the good times.

Dear friends, wife's surgery went well. Got her out of hospital Sunday and both of us are resting comfortably at home. Will find out soon if she needs chemo, but with folks like you all we will get thru it just like the first time. Words cannot express what the heart holds for you all. Thank you so much and God bless you all.

TC

So happy to hear the surgery went well. Healing Prayers and Blessings sent.

Archived