Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Member Prayer & Good Vibe List

Aster1

What a wonderful and inspired idea Aster. With your permission, I added my name to the list. I have been suffering with a painful, worsening nerve disease for the past five years that now has me spending much of my time in a power wheelchair. It's very difficult to play guitar with hand tremors too. My prayers go out to those on this list and their families as well that they all be Blessed according to their needs. I send prayers of gratefulness to all those participating here.

Prayer & "Good Vibe" list:

Bender for Life

4Hayden

Milod

Capmaster

Flyingfrets

Kidblast

Rct

Jdgm

Digger

SteveFord

Marky Forrest

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to add canon_mutant to the list. He's a great guy who I've purchased two amazing guitars from in the last year. He's been suffering from major health problems lately and hasn't been on the forum much. He's well deserving of some thoughts and prayers!

Thanks Markey & Ranger!!!

Sorry to hear you're having so much of a nerve issue Markey!!! We'll add you to our thoughts & prayers. [thumbup]

Hey now Retired, ain't nobody here on the Gibson side (that I can think of) that doesn't put their pants on one leg at a time (at least I hope not, or they may end up on our need for heal'n list). [biggrin] We're just good Joe's just like on the Epi side of the fence. I like both with selected models so I go either way. Wouldn't want to do with out either. So, don't be concerned about the sub forum, we all love the Gibson product (Gibson, Epiphone all one family)!!

Updated list:

Prayer & "Good Vibe" list:

Bender for Life

4Hayden

Milod

Capmaster

Flyingfrets

Kidblast

Rct

Jdgm

Digger

SteveFord

Marky Forrest

canon_mutant

Time for updates.

How y'all doing?

I must thank you and all the forum members and especially Kidblast, for your support and concern.

For my part I am fine and feel others are much more deserving of being on this list than me.

Whatever, my deepest thanks and best wishes to everyone.

I'm good, and I appreciate each pm and mention in this thread. I lost a couple family members within a few days, but not at all unexpected. It was bizarre and surreal. But others are in dire straits of their own and could use our collective energy that I give back a thousand fold for that given me.

rct

Time for updates.

How y'all doing?

Thanks for asking skilsaw, I saw my neurologist of many years this afternoon and he said that there was nothing more that he could do for me. He told me that we have tried everything possible except a stem cell transplant which is in clinical trials. That was scary and I sure wasn't expecting it but, after I took a nap and let it sink in, it was okay. This nerve disease is rarely fatal and, even though I have not responded well to treatment, I refuse to give up. I have good days and bad days and spend most of my time at home but I feel Blessed. I have a loving family that supports me to the max. I have a few great friends. I have you guys/girls here. What more could I ask for? Many of the things in my life that I thought were bad turned out to be Blessings in disguise and I believe that is true now. My eyes have been opened to a new group of caring people!

God Bless you all!

You can take my hairy butt off the list - still blowing out stuff you don't want to know about but I'm mostly healed up.

Sinus surgery is the pits but it sure beats having a hole in your mouth leading into your sinus cavity infecting everything within reach.

thx for the continued support everyone.

doing ok,

I do appreciate the concerns, it was hard to loose someone like my brother in-law, he was more like my own brother,... he's missed.

Honestly though there are people who need the support more than I do at the moment.

you can remove me from the list too,, thank you all for your kindness and caring.

this forum is the best, all because of all of you people.

As most of you know I had my neck operated on cracked vertebrae C3 , messed up a nerve in the back of my neck. I got four shots in it Thursday , so far good the pain isn't as bad.

I'm to see Dr. to operate on my hip/knee Thur. but the good news I got from my heart Dr. the meds put my heart back into rhythm so no shocking of my heart.Thanks to all for your prayers and vibes even your thoughts,that's from my heart. Hang in there bender we've got to go fishing and get bent out of shape soon. Love all you Brothers [-o<#-o

4H

Thanks Aster

God Bless You

Sorry I've been out of the loop. Just got back from a recommended trip to relax.

Folks, I'm lost with the list or have others been adding and updating it as we go? It's open for everyone ya know to add people to. Glad to hear about KidBlast, Hayden, JDGM, rct, and any others I've missed!!!!

Hayden, please look into the Regenexx for a stem cell hip, knee, joint alternative to replacement & cutting. You may have a practicing clinic your way. From what my research has turned up they are having really excellent healing & return to health with that. I'm looking into it for my neck issue, rotator cuff, & knee too. No cutting and if not great on the outcome, it is always a fall back to the replacement. If you do the replacement for the hip, make sure you investigate someone that uses the newer replacement technique that goes in at the crotch area vs. laying your hip open. I've visited with several bikers that I know that have been back to work even & feeling pretty good in 2 dang weeks!!! Some Dr. from Boston came up with it and a special operating table necessary & is teaching it across the country.

http://www.regenexx.com/

Updated prayers & good Vibes list:

Bender for Life

4Hayden

Milod & Carla

Capmaster

Flyingfrets

Jdgm

Digger

SteveFord

Marky Forrest

canon_mutant

Have I MISSED ANYONE!!!!! Don't be shy we do want to know & have you in our thoughts.

Aster

4H -

I agree with Aster that the least invasive procedure is always best. But I'm sure you already know that. Stem cell transplants have been done for a long time but I still think that they are not perfected yet. There is a website that lists clinical trials that are being performed all over the country for different things. The site is: clinicaltrials.gov

I have personally witnessed thousands and thousands of joint replacements during my many years in radiology. Hip replacements generally have a much higher rate of success than knee replacements do. I'm not trying to discourage you from surgery because many times that is the best option. I have had 6 knee surgeries and they all turned out well. I have not had to have a knee replacement yet but that will be my next surgery if I need one. I live in Arizona and the arid climate helps relieve my joint pain. I'm not sure where you live but I came here from Chicago and the wet cold climate of Chicago definitely made my arthritis pain worse.

Mobic is a prescription medicine that has helped relieve my joint pain a lot. It's something that you might want to bring up to your PCP.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you.

So glad to hear about some of you doing better and Hayden's heart back in rythem. Hope they relieve your sinus pressure too. I know what that's like. Ever since before my brain tumor, I had sinus infection's and bad sinus headaches. Since my surgery of the removal of the brain tumor cancer, I never get a sinus headache. Strange but true. I never get dreams or headaches anymore. Or at least the last 27 years. Prayers still with the others here who need them and God bless you all.

Say WHAT?

I been on like 5 days now, had no idea...learned about one guy, but geez.

Haven't heard from MILOD....How is his wife doing?

Of corse my prayers go out to you wonderful guys (and gals), but if you can forgive me, I have MUCH catching up to do.

Prayer, and I do it, requires me to know who and what it is I am praying for. What I would be asking for.

So, a little one for now, a "general" hope everyone is good, and more to come.

No need to apologize Stein, that's what this list is all about. Heck, I can hardly track my own aches/pains daily let alone know what others are dealing with w/o a simple "let me know how you are doing" type of thing. We'll do our best to keep up with forum & family members this way. Just check in with us. I'd like this to be across the Epi Forum lines too, cuz many of us are "Cross Members" and that's just fine. Both have a perfect place in my stable of gits & the people for sure too!!!

Aster

• 4 weeks later...

I've lost the score card. Here's what was the last list. Anyone-Everyone, please let us know how you're doing and if you'd like to be on/off the prayer list.

Aster

Bender for Life

4Hayden

Milod & Carla

Capmaster

Flyingfrets

Jdgm

Digger

SteveFord

Marky Forrest

canon_mutant

Hi Aster

I am very fortunate and doing fine or at least a lot better than some of our friends on the list; please take me off - and many, many thanks to every one here.

Regards to all!

Glad to hear it. I want everyone off this list, even though it is nice to always be in thoughts & prayers, but don't want anyone ailing!!!

Bender for Life

4Hayden

Milod & Carla

Capmaster

Flyingfrets

Digger

SteveFord

Marky Forrest

canon_mutant

Archived