Gibson Brands Forums

strange serial numbers on headstock

Malx

Hi

Anyone ever see serial numbers stamped on the end of the headstock? These are on my beautiful '59 225T.

The proper serial numbers are inside the body as usual in blue ink.

Any thoughts let me know.

cheers

post-25999-025945600 1439237413_thumb.jpg

I have never seen a serial number placed there before. can you put up some photos of the rest of the Guitar?

Hi

Anyone ever see serial numbers stamped on the end of the headstock? These are on my beautiful '59 225T.

cheers

Hi

cheers

I've never seen Gibson stamp numbers in that location (I'm far from anytype of expert though, just a guitar junky). It looks as though the numbers were stamped after the finish was applied, is that correct? Did you buy this new? I would suspect a previous owner marked it for ID purposes.

I was thinking the same thing. that is still a really odd place to stamp it though.

I've never seen Gibson stamp numbers in that location (I'm far from anytype of expert though, just a guitar junky). It looks as though the numbers were stamped after the finish was applied, is that correct? Did you buy this new? I would suspect a previous owner marked it for ID purposes.

Archived