Gibson Brands Forums

Installing regular pickups in Gibson SG with PCB

Blackley

Hey guys.

So i've been wanting to install Seymour Duncan APH-1's in my 09' gibson SG for a very long time now, and i finally got around to buying the pups.

Now naturally, i was a bit shocked to find that my guitar had the quick connect system (Gibson PCB) , as i wasn't aware and was expecting to be able to simply solder the parts. Is there any way to get these pickups installed, and if yes, then how?

Would i be able to clip the wires and solder the new pickups wires together with the old wires, or should i install connectors to my new pickups to use them as quick connect?

If all else fails, Would a certified tech be able to do the job?

Thanks!

post-54486-082143500 1439245018_thumb.jpg

I guess my way would be removing PUs and PCB including pots, caps and jack, perhaps even toggle switch, leave them all original and put them on the shelf. Then I would replace all those parts with new ones to my desire. I think this is also best to preserve the resale value.

I guess my way would be removing PUs and PCB including pots, caps and jack, perhaps even toggle switch, leave them all original and put them on the shelf. Then I would replace all those parts with new ones to my desire. I think this is also best to preserve the resale value.

+1

Here's a link to one set i bought, sounded good

ebay

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not overly concerned with resale value, as i can imagine i'll be keeping this one. Think i'll strip the wires and reconnect, and then change the entire inside pots (exchange for 300k pots) and wiring in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived