Gibson Brands Forums

What Gibson Model Is This?

My husband passed away a couple of years ago and left behind a collection of acoustic and electric guitars. I am just now able to consider selling his guitars, but I know very little about them. I need your help in identifying what model this Gibson guitar is.

I found a certificate with info packed in the case. It says Gibson Custom Cert of Authenticity model # ESDTBRGHZ and serial # 11611712. I am attaching photos for reference and thank any and all who can help me identify the model and year. I have no idea what it is worth and welcome any suggestions on what a fair asking price would be.

It is hard for me to let the guitars go because they were his, but I know he would rather they not sit unused but be enjoyed by someone new who will enjoy them as much as he did.

Many thanks to all for your time and help.

-Elena

post-73422-079576900 1439253213_thumb.jpg

post-73422-080928000 1439253990_thumb.png

Hello Elena and welcome to the Forums!

Sad to hear about Your loss. My sincere condolences.

The guitar is a 2011 Gibson ES-335 Dot Reissue in Brown color with Gold Hardware. The letter that seems to be a "Z" at the end of the model number, is a "1".

As far as selling price is concerned, I'd recommend looking at eBay. Actual selling price of these models in Your area should be a good guideline.

Best wishes... Bence

Archived