Gibson Brands Forums

Tronical + Epi Standard Plus Top Pro

JRRN

In 2012 I bought a Epiphone Standard Plus Top Pro = 750 euros.

My first "good" guitar.

Nowadays, I want to install tronical on my guitar but it seems that it has a wrong fabrication on heads.

I downloaded the template according with tronical, TYPE J and TYPE L, but as you can see in the images, the templates aren't valid for my guitar because the head isn't aligned with the guitar and have one hole a little separately:

Photos

Is a bad news for me, when I bought this guitar, I thought, I have a Gibson but without the brand. As when you buy a Seat, thinking that you are buying a Volkswagen a little cheaper, the same quality, but with some little minor differences (same motor).

Then, I think that Epiphone needs to be more accurate of this kind of things, this error can modify the sound, the presion of the string, and other things that now I know.

Furthermore, If I want a auto tune as Tronical I have to buy another guitar... And probably It will not be Epiphone...

Sorry and Thanks a lot.

Is a bad news for me, when I bought this guitar, I thought, I have a Gibson but without the brand.

Of course, why should you pay for a Gibson like the rest of us dopes?

rct

In 2012 I bought a Epiphone Standard Plus Top Pro = 750 euros.

My first "good" guitar.

Nowadays, I want to install tronical on my guitar but it seems that it has a wrong fabrication on heads.

I downloaded the template according with tronical, TYPE J and TYPE L, but as you can see in the images, the templates aren't valid for my guitar because the head isn't aligned with the guitar and have one hole a little separately:

Photos

Is a bad news for me, when I bought this guitar, I thought, I have a Gibson but without the brand. As when you buy a Seat, thinking that you are buying a Volkswagen a little cheaper, the same quality, but with some little minor differences (same motor).

Then, I think that Epiphone needs to be more accurate of this kind of things, this error can modify the sound, the presion of the string, and other things that now I know.

Furthermore, If I want a auto tune as Tronical I have to buy another guitar... And probably It will not be Epiphone...

Sorry and Thanks a lot.

Sometimes there are slight variations from factory to factory with Epiphones.

I don't think it's Epiphone's responsibility to make THEIR product compatible with 3RD PARTY hardware, particularly for hardware with a small niche of potential users.

This isn't a correct answer. The fault in a well job did produces mediocrity.

Tell me if the case was on string, the same answer? 3rd party....

Of course, why should you pay for a Gibson like the rest of us dopes?

rct

I didn't say that Gibson = Epiphone I know that guitars have differences but I thought that Epiphone works as Gibson, a prestigious guitar trade brand.

As I told when I bought a car I know that Volkswagen is better than Seat, but I know that the components are the same, but the differences are for example metal tubes from motor than plastic tubes. But I don't have a tire unaligned...

you did download the template for Epiphone and not Gibson correct?

Yes, LPS, I download all the templates... don't worry I talked with tronical.... Maybe they build and special PCB for my guitar...

Thanks a lot for your reply I will take care next time...

I only want that Epiphone knows this kinds of fabrication errors. There isn't a solution.

I own Gibson LP and Epi Les Paul Plus Top Pro. I love them both and I personally wouldn't ditch my Plus Top LP because the headstock doesn't say "Gibson" on it. Great finish, built, sound, playability..and to give that all away because it may not be compatible with robo tuners?

This isn't a correct answer. The fault in a well job did produces mediocrity.

Tell me if the case was on string, the same answer? 3rd party....

If you bought a 3rd party part for a Volkswagen or whatever make of car and that part didn't fit, who would you blame?

No guitar maker guarantees compatibility with 3rd party hardware and I'm sure Tronical has no guarantee as to the fitness of their product either.

Not sure about what you mean by "if the case was on string." Perhaps something lost in translation?

Yes, LPS, I download all the templates... don't worry I talked with tronical.... Maybe they build and special PCB for my guitar...

Thanks a lot for your reply I will take care next time...

I only want that Epiphone knows this kinds of fabrication errors. There isn't a solution.

also, Type J should be the template you should use. type L is for acoustics. I didn't see a picture of the J template aligned on the back of the headstock.

also, Type J should be the template you should use. type L is for acoustics. I didn't see a picture of the J template aligned on the back of the headstock.

Lps photo six, you can see the holes and the template is behind.

I own Gibson LP and Epi Les Paul Plus Top Pro. I love them both and I personally wouldn't ditch my Plus Top LP because the headstock doesn't say "Gibson" on it. Great finish, built, sound, playability..and to give that all away because it may not be compatible with robo tuners?

Last time that I will say it. I don't say that Epiphone is a big ****... I'm saying that Epiphone should be more accurate in this kind of errors. nothing more. we expect more than a second brand.

Epiphone isn't a squier, academy or guitars around 150 euros. I paid in 2012 750 euros, I think that is a good price but not for this kind of error. This is my opinion. Is a plus that I can't install a tronical hard.

You can be agree or disagree. But doesn't put words in my mouth that I'm not saying.

Archived