Gibson Brands Forums

changing guitar machine heads Gibson LPJ 2013

Alexander7

Hi, everyone! Would you help me, please? I need to change guitar machine heads /Gibson LPJ 2013/. One of them is broken. I don`t know which one to choose instead. I`d like to get such heads which I wouldn`t need to chisel out a slot. And also I`d like to get ones which would suit the tune perfectly.

My present heads are KLUSON DELUXE.

Thank you for your collaboration!

Well you have the folks with Grover on the brain syndrome. Yet if you presently have Gibby vintage tuners then youre going to have empty screw holes showing if you go Grover.

Then you have folks like me who love the Gibby vintage nickel tuners with perloid buttons. I like the plastic buttons. Chrome or gold buttons annoy me.

One of the best ways to select tuners is to let your wallet decide.

If you stay above $50 a set you will end up happy with the performance. Below $50 is hit or miss. Yet I have tuners under $50 that work but there is no name on them. God only knows who made them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone! Would you help me, please? I need to change guitar machine heads /Gibson LPJ 2013/. One of them is broken. I don`t know which one to choose instead. I`d like to get such heads which I wouldn`t need to chisel out a slot. And also I`d like to get ones which would suit the tune perfectly.

My present heads are KLUSON DELUXE.

Thank you for your collaboration!

I own a 13 LPJ and I think the tuners on them are Tonepros Kluson.

Problem is they are discontinued now.

But there must be still some to buy somewhere.

I guess Original Gibson Klusons or Other brands could fit, but I don't know if they are available with black keystones.

Check their homepage maybe you find a dealer that still has what you need.

http://www.tonepros.com/tonepros-stores/

I think the spanish dealer where I buy Tonepros product's still has some in stock,

but right now I can't see the image.

Yeah there are so many different manufacturers of tuners anymore the sky is the limit..

Last one I did we went with Grovers & filled the holes & stained them but that's what he wanted..

With this type there is always so evidence of the original tuners in the clear coat..

09c43f11-a566-4b9b-9fec-e6b7c60dcc8a.jpg

Archived