Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar month X 2 !

Junior Jr III

I received my first Les Paul about 3 weeks ago as a birthday present, a TV Silver Standard. Then, yada-yada-yada, and yesterday I brought home a Blackback. I will contend that it is also a birthday present since I've made it to the half century mark. And now, the photos!!

DSCN0088%20ii_zpsw9butz2b.jpg

DSCN0063%20ii_zps7dwkophh.jpg

DSCN0056%20ii_zpsliso9fuh.jpg

Congrats.

Why two? What is a blackback? you mean the back is black unlike the front?

Yep, blackback means just that.

DSCN0078%20ii_zpsgsnmkez5.jpg

It was only supposed to be one as a present. Then I found the blackback but by then I was sort of attached to the TV silver. It plays so smoothly and my 6 year old likes that one better. So, two. And as LPS1976 says, two IS better than one!

So, for anyone who might know, I do have one question about this TV Silver Standard. From what I've read production was supposed to be limited to about 1000 of each model produced; standard, custom, sg. But in deciphering the serial number it looks like I've got the 1,812th made. Here's the number

DSCN0069%20ii_zpsbk8madt8.jpg

and here's the deciphering as pulled from EpiWiki

12 = year, 2012

12 = month, Dec

15 = factory, Qingdao

1 = unknown

1812 = unit produced

Does anyone have a different reading of the serial number?

I'm only surprised that they would have gone over the 1000 piece 'limited production' by nearly double. I'm still gonna play the heck out of it!

So, for anyone who might know, I do have one question about this TV Silver Standard. From what I've read production was supposed to be limited to about 1000 of each model produced; standard, custom, sg. But in deciphering the serial number it looks like I've got the 1,812th made. Here's the number

DSCN0069%20ii_zpsbk8madt8.jpg

and here's the deciphering as pulled from EpiWiki

12 = year, 2012

12 = month, Dec

15 = factory, Qingdao

1 = unknown

1812 = unit produced

Does anyone have a different reading of the serial number?

I'm only surprised that they would have gone over the 1000 piece 'limited production' by nearly double. I'm still gonna play the heck out of it!

I'm pretty sure that means the 1,812th produced that month (total at the factory, not just that model)

I'm pretty sure that means the 1,812th produced that month (total at the factory, not just that model)

Good explanation. I wondered if it might be a factory total number but thought that there might be something specific to a limited run model. Maybe the 'unknown' number has to do with that.

Archived