Gibson Brands Forums

The Oxymoron of Guitars

Auriemma

I picked this up last night... an 1988-94 Epi S-310... STRAT! Here is the best part, I was there to buy and amp (Line 6 Spider II 75 w/FVB4 switch) and they thru in the Epi with an SKB hard case.

No missing paint, neck is straight, frets look barely used, electrics need Dioxit. She has been sitting for many years and needs a serious cleaning, new strings and a solid setup. But from my initial noodling, she may be a nice little player. Total spent: 50 bucks.

There is no serial number because it was on a sticker that is long gone. I called Gibson/Epi CS for some info, they pushed to a Epiwiki for info...Really?

I'm also looking for a proper truss rod cover... 3 hole bell with GIBSON vertically down the center.

Can any of you shed more light on this S-310?

Epi%20S310%201.jpg

Epi%20S310%203.jpg

Epi%20S310%204.jpg

Epi%20S310%202.jpg

Epi%20S310%205.jpg

I picked this up last night... an 1988-94 Epi S-310... STRAT! Here is the best part, I was there to buy and amp (Line 6 Spider II 75 w/FVB4 switch) and they thru in the Epi with an SKB hard case.

No missing paint, neck is straight, frets look barely used, electrics need Dioxit. She has been sitting for many years and needs a serious cleaning, new strings and a solid setup. But from my initial noodling, she may be a nice little player. Total spent: 50 bucks.

There is no serial number because it was on a sticker that is long gone. I called Gibson/Epi CS for some info, they pushed to a Epiwiki for info...Really?

I'm also looking for a proper truss rod cover... 3 hole bell with GIBSON vertically down the center.

Can any of you shed more light on this S-310?

Epi%20S310%201.jpg

Epi%20S310%203.jpg

Epi%20S310%204.jpg

Epi%20S310%202.jpg

Epi%20S310%205.jpg

Hey, good score Auriemma [thumbup] . You definitely got a good deal. She looks to be in generally good shape and the gold? (hard to tell, it also looks a little silver-ish) with maple looks very nice. Incidentally, the 22 fret neck is the same as the Fender American Standard Strat, again, good score.

I have a design for the trc that I'm fitting on my own 310, holes are lined up. let me know if you want the jpg, pdf or dwx or whatever.

Oh, and btw, have you taken the pickguard off and see what it's routed for?

Edit:- Forgot to mention. That neck is one of the best players that I've played [thumbup]

It's silver flake. Those pis have a warm hue.

I gave it a good cleaning, DeOxit on the electrics, and tightened everything up. Took pics of the PG off and the routing (scary!).

It players very well. The tuners hold but need to be replaced.

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

And yes... The Oxymoron is the Epiphone -Strat combination.

ox·y·mo·ron

ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/

noun

noun: oxymoron; plural noun: oxymorons

a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

ox·y·mo·ron

ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/

noun

noun: oxymoron; plural noun: oxymorons

a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Yes... EPIPHONE STRATOCASTER. Like Jumbo Shrimp!

I saw one yesterday, not too far from you I suppose. Guitar Center in Plymouth Meeting, on Chemical Road, right off 422. A black one, $79 dollars with an intact truss cover.

rct

• 1 month later...

Directed to the forum for info? Probably the best answer they could give you. Sales wonks know about what they have to sell, today's models. More history is known here.

Warm hues probably due to tungsten incandescent lights and / or light reflecting from the warm and woody floor.

Great Score!

Archived