Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar setup tomorrow

Zippydog

Set up went very well.

My son adjusted the neck slightly and shaved the saddle more on the bass side than the treble.

Quite a difference in string height. Feels more like playing my electric which is a good thing.

The one thing that I will just have to deal with is bending strings.

I don't want to change the tuning and I'm playing Elixers lights .

But i just can't push those strings easy.

But it's more enjoyable now and that was the whole idea.

OMG!

I've been playing and playing, I can't put her down.

Is it possible that good sound can be turned into great sound with just a little action tweaking?

The sound coming from my DR500 is very satisfying.

I now can fully understand why there is such a great following for these Masterbilts.

post-73228-075549800 1440450378_thumb.jpg

OMG!

I've been playing and playing, I can't put her down.

Good to hear, Zip. It's just a lot more fun and sounds better when they're easy to play. Yeah, you just can't bend 12s as far as you can with 10s on an electric, but you lose acoustic volume stepping down from 12s. You just gotta switch styles a bit. BTW, we do want to hear how you got that DR sounding. :)

Okay let's try this now.

Again, this is my son Matt playing after he finished his work.

Sounding good. Yeah, the phone mic is not optimal. Speaking of which, I just picked up a fairly cheap but functional Shure PGA57 mic, waiting for delivery. I've got to get back into USB multitracking, now with guitar for the 1st time [scared] . I've only used epiano/synth, rhythm machine, and a smidgin of blues harp in the past. It's been a while....

From what I've heard your recordings are great Cougar; looking forward to hearing guitar on them too

Thanks, my Belfastian friend. I had to plug that into googlemaps to get a bit more appreciation for where you're at. The last time I flew over the pond, it was the other pond.

The mic arrived today! Well wrapped and accessorized. The mic stand a couple days before that. Yeah, setting up for recording is going to require some rearrangements.... :-k

Archived